Chapter 1

I had never started at a new school before. I had always been in the same one with little less than 1000 students, and now as I walked through the doors of a school with more than 2,500 students, I got anxious. As if my height wasn't enough to grab people's attention, I just had to be the new kid.

I waited for people to start staring and wondering who the hell I was but they all just ignored me, probably because of how big this school was they didnt even recognise when someone new walked in the door. I smiled slightly at the thought that I would be basically alienated from everybody for the whole day, I wasn't somebody to talk and have conversations with people on a daily basis. I had to leave my only friend back home, and we probably wouldn't ever talk again since we were in different countries and time difference. It just wouldn't work out.

I made my way to role call, I knew where it was since I had been on a tour of this school a few days before with my mum. She had continously whispered in my ear how 'this is a new start for us' and 'this school seems great'. In all honesty I can't imagine any sort of school to be 'great', but I had to get an education so I wasn't going to complain. I'd survive through school, it couldn't be too difficult.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

By the time it was lunch I was exhausted. I hadn't talked to anybody as planned, and the only recognition I had gotten was from my biology teacher calling me out to introduce myself to the whole class.

I was too much in thought as I made my way into the canteen to notice that I had bumped into some girl, I looked down to see a petite girl frowning up at me.

"Watch where you are going" she half shouted at me and walked away to join a group of people which I officially labelled as the populars. Even though the school had a uniform so everyone dressed the same, you could just tell by the way they acted. With the girls having their skirts reaching midway down their thighs, and the boys trying to show off to the girls it wasn't half obvious. Add the looks of awe they were getting, it all summed up.

So this school was divided into populars, nerds, and misfits, of what I could make out. And I had an idea of where exactly I was heading.