Chapter 14 ~ Isla

Dedicated to x3nn16

Adorable my ass. In my head, I pictured Craig in his fur coat and white muffler, wearing those cute little dimples and his grey eyes boring straight into mine, almost laughing. He laughed more with those eyes than with his teeth. I knew because I'd been with him for so many years that I wished I could blot out with one swipe of my hand. And me? Oh well, I was just bundled up in a hoodie whose neck is up to my chin. Then the most shameful part of it all, I was in a wheelchair.

"Come with me to the Christmas Carol," he whispered into my hair.

A bit too close, so that his breath is fanning my neck and I could feel the warmth on my skin. I shuddered. Since when did he go to church? The Craig I knew never gave a shit about Sundays except to hang out with his mom and dad at the beach and build a sandcastle.

Then when he stepped into puberty and those abs started growing everywhere, and he started wearing that masculine perfume that tickled my nose, he hung out with Novah instead. At the amusement park. The ice cream shop. The charity fair. I knew, because she told me every damned time they went, just to rub it in my face that I was too unlucky to have Peter as my boyfriend. And yes, that I'm not worthy of love. Care. Whatever bullshit that stuff meant didn't matter to me.

I gasped. "Craig, what the heck are you doing?"

My eyes widened as he rubbed my legs, making the hairs on them stand at attention. I saw the corner of his lips lift in a smile.

"Nothing that will earn me torture on my ass, I hope."
His fingers moved swiftly over my toes, to my soles.

I stiffened. Why couldn't my feet move when I willed them to?

"Craig Sherman, don't,"  I warned, squirming in a bid to get my feet off his laps.

Oops. He pinned them on his body with one firm hand, while the other tickled my soles. I trashed and gasped and exploded in fits of laughter, banging my head on the car seat.

"I'll torture your ass!" I screamed, hoping that would scare him off.

"Hmm. Sounds tempting to me. If only you could actually be brave and fullfil your threats," he taunted, tickling my poor feet everywhere, making me wriggle my toes helplessly.

I laughed till I was short of breath and started hiccuping.

"What kind of torture?" All of a sudden, he ceased the tickling, staring at me. Whoa, dead serious. Wait, what happened?

"Um___ um___" I trailed off, still panting from the tickling spree.

Just why did he have to ask?

"And which part of my ass?" His eyes gleamed wickedly, and his fingers disappeared to my waist.

They rested there for a good while while I put two and two together as per how to answer him. What part? Front? Or behind? Shit, my mind was going down the gutter way faster than it ever had.

"The front part of your ass?"

I covered my face with hands, scared of seeing his reaction.

"Isla, did you just offer to suck my dick?" He asked as if he didn't hear me earlier.

And my feet were very close to his pelvis. He grunted. I could literally feel his the bulge in his trousers, daring me to tempt him further.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "Not like I would actually do it. Because it's so bi__" I shut up.

He tore my palms away from my face with his other hand that wasn't holding my legs together.

"Why are you ashamed, Isla? You're beautiful," he said.

" I know. Duh." I rolled my eyes at him.

He pressed his finger to the G spot on my neck, creating a burning sensation in the pit of my stomach. Then he stroked my shoulder blades with light touches. I closed my eyes to savor the moment. He chuckled and moved his fingers down my left side, all the way to my waist. I relaxed. I was saved from tickling, right? Right?

He launched into another attack on my waist. I laughed until my sides were hurting, and tears spilled out of my eyes.

"You're going to come to the Carol or not?" he asked as he tormented my ribs.

My lungs exploded laugh after laugh.

"I'll come!" I choked out.

"That isn't fair," I murmured some minutes later. " You cheated."

"My dick is thanking me for it," he shot back.

Then he lifted my legs onto those laps. His thing started twitching against my feet again.

"Can't you just control it?"

"Nope. It has a mind of its own," he mused.

꧁꧂

" Really? I still can't believe I agreed to this plan," I fussed as we sneaked into the middle pew.

He pressed his lips to my forehead and propped my feet on the footrest in front of my seat before settling down.

"Merry Christmas Eve to you," he said, linking my hand with his. His body was pressed close to mine. I felt shivers run down my spine as he winked at me.

Then, he made a show of kissing the tips of my fingers, one by one.

"Holy shit, Isla."

But the voice that said it wasn't Craig's. It was Maya's. Holy fucking shit. I shrank. Then I scowled. Despite the bright lights in the church, and the choir singing Silent Night, I glared at her. She'd destroyed the feeling of the place. She... She was unholy, stained with many sins. Deep down in my bones, I yearned to kill her with my bare hands. I wanted her to cry and hurt just like she'd made me do so many times.

"She's your girlfriend now?" She gave him a look that said,"you're kidding me, huh?"

Craig looked as if he wanted to say yes, but I pinched his palm.

"Oh yeah. He asked me out just last week. And I'm kind of mad at him for that, because I've had this monster crush on him since forever. Don't you see, Maya? He has fallen for me but I didn't even chase him."

"Huh? Then come spend Christmas with us." She set the bait, waiting for me to deny my claim.

But I wasn't backing down yet. If things went awkward, I could pack my bag and take the train to my neighborhood. Or hang out at Winter's for a girls'night. I'd rather die than surrender to her.

He shook his head. I knew he saw through my pretence, but I held my chin up as if nothing was wrong. Yeah. Nobody messed with Miss Playgirl.

"You're so stupid. And I'll always hate your courage," she whispered as the choir ended the hymn.

"I'm not with you in this. You're definitely screwed," Craig mouthed to me.

Then the drama crew acted Nativity. The girl who played the role of Mary looked so much like Novah. Even her bust was Novah's size. Her auburn hair reached down to her waist like Novah's. Her waist was so tiny that I thought it would break any minute, and her lips were red and full. No wonder Craig loved kissing them.

"I wish she could see this play. It's so beautiful," Maya sniffled, wiping a tear from her face.

I shrugged.
"Why do you even care about her so much?"

She answered, never taking her eyes off the pulpit, "She was my daughter."