Chapter 14

It was time for the inter-academy exam. As you walk with Anos, Sasha, Misha, and Ray to the castle, you catch a glimpse of Misa's new necklace she got last night. Many of the class were bombarding her with questions of where she got the necklace, but you knew instantly that it was the necklace Ray had gotten from the festival last night. Even though you ended up ditching Ray last night, he didn't question you about it since it seemed like he had fun with Misa. Word ended getting out that Ray was the one that gave the necklace to Misa and he was instantly overwhelmed with questions about when they were going to get married and have children. It was pretty funny seeing misa and ray blush, which you really hoped would happen because you wanted ray to have someone that truly loved him. Eventually, the exam begins at Lake Seimei and the objective is to knock down the opposing teams castle. You were disappointed with your teacher's decision to choose revest's team vs anos, but you wanted to see how things would turn out as they went against the elite class. Within a few seconds into the assessment, you could already see that they were struggling to pick up the hero's magical powers. The calls Revest were making definitely put his team at risk because he couldn't gauge his opponents magic skills. As the elite class knocked down each and every demon, you noticed that there was something off about the landscape. You and anos were on the same page as the both of you activated your demon eyes to see that the lake water was mixed with holy water so that was why demon magic was useless in the lake. You were disappointed at how shady the heroes were, but right before you were about to light Diego on fire, Anos was quick to hold you back as he activated a summoning circle that saved your classmates from drowning. As your teacher tried to revive your classmates, it turned out that they had been severely wounded by holy magic so healing magic did nothing to them. You watched as your classmates struggled, but anos suddenly runs towards revest in the hopes of saving him. You didn't expect anos, a cocky, somewhat arrogant guy, would be nice to even people that called him a fake. Anos' fair-minded nature showed that he was capable of being a king and putting aside differences for the sake of his people. After anos healed everyone that was hurt, you all decide to confront the heroes on their dirty play.

Sitting on the top of the hill were the 3 reincarnations of kanon.

"Who would've thought you whimps would cheat. I knew you all were weak." You taunt them as you place your hand on your hip. You could see that that hurt Laos' ego, but just as he was about to comment, Anos interrupts him.

"I thought we'd move on to round 2. I'm sure you all haven't rampaged enough yet." Anos says as the little blonde boy's excitement grew when he heard about a challenge.

"That's just sad. You wouldn't have been able to win without your dumb cheat tactics." You point out as you walk towards the lake. As you place your hand into the water, you could feel the holy water hindering your magic, but before you could point that out, the heroes suggested drying out the lake if we felt it would be unfair. Little did they know that anos was already on top of it. Within seconds, anos had dried out the entire lake for our round 2. As we activated Gyze, the heroes activated Asla. Just as anos activated Grega, it was quickly dispersed by a barrier that reduced anos' attack to pieces. At the distance, you kept hearing whispers.

"Kill them... Kill." A voice of spite and vengeance. A girl named Zeshia comes charging in with her sword to attack you, but you were quick to react to her moves. As you held your sword to protect you from her attack, you could feel her source of magic was far greater than the other members of her team, as if she was just a doll of magic. Clings and clashes from your sword hitting against hers filled the area as everyone else watched.

"What are you waiting for? GO. I'll hold her off" You say as you activate your demon eyes to surround you and her within a flame circle. You couldn't afford to have her get out of your eyesight. She was a worthy competitor, but her moves were very pretentious. As Anos and the rest of them dealt with the Elite class, you were able to land significant damage on Zeshia, but just as you were starting to let your guard down, she landed a blow on your side. This causes your flame ring to deactivate since you needed to use your magic to heal your open wound. During that time, she ends up knocking you down on the ground. You struggled to get up, but the pain was just too much for you. As you were on the ground yelling to let your teammates know about Zeshia, it was already too late as she lunged at Anos. To your surprise, she impales herself in her heart as she activates Gavuel. So she was a doll. You thought as you watched her explode like a nuclear bomb in front of anos. You covered your eyes from the bright flashing light as you realized that she just exploded herself to take anos out. As the whole field was covered in dust, Leadriano was quick to assume that anos had died, but you knew in your gut that anos wouldn't die that easily. He was like a cockroach. He could handle everything, even a nuclear bomb. You finally were able to get yourself up and heal yourself slowly, but from the corner of your eye, you see Laos coming at you with his sword. As you were fighting Laos, copies of Zeshia kept coming and attacking anos. He finally had enough when he grabbed onto Zeshia's soul to connect to Eleonore. He immediately orders Misha to meet Eleonore at the shrine, but you didn't trust Misha to handle that alone, so you quickly encase Laos in a fire cage and go with her to the shrine. As you and Misha make your way to the shrine, you feel something off in the environment. You quickly realize that it was a trick and that Diego was behind it. Just as he was able to stab Misha, you quickly intercept with your sword before he made a move on Misha. He was immediately angered that you both dodged his attack.