Chapter 12

Eventually the rest of the demon class make it to azeshion as they struggle to catch their breath. The inter-academy exams were about to start. As you make your way into the hero academy with the rest of your group, you see Eleanore staring back at Anos as she makes her way inside with concern through her eyes as if she wanted to say something. You could feel tension in the air as they both stared at each other. Eventually we made our way inside. It wasn't before long till a group of third-year demon students approached anos in order to check out the self-proclaimed demon king. Judging by the group, they were mostly all bark and no bite. You could see from first glance that all of them were weak, so you scoffed at the sight of them as you made your way into the auditorium.

"I am Diego kanon Ijaysica, the headmaster of the Hero Academy as well as the leader of the elite Jerga Kanon class, '' said a man with brown-gray hair with really bad eyebags. Boy did this dude need some sleep or something. As Diego went on to explain the inter-academy exams, you couldn't help but make eye contact with the guys from the library. They for sure stood out like sore thumbs. It didn't take long for the schools to select a representative. The hero academy ended up selecting the glasses guy leadriano; meanwhile, the demon academy went with the guy from earlier, Revest. You could see that your teacher wanted to choose anos, but Revest had already volunteered himself. You sat back and watched both the representatives demonstrating hero magic and demon magic. Surprisingly, that Leadriano was pretty good at utilizing his hero magic, but it wasn't something you've never seen before. On the other hand, Revest was making a complete fool of himself trying to use Nedra on a bunny. You looked at Anos from the corner of your eye to see his arrogant grin as he watched them do remedial magic. He was quick to pick up that the hero's were using dirty tricks by placing a conceal barrier, so demon magic didn't work no matter how hard anyone tried, even you. With just a snap, anos was able to break the seal and the bunny turned into a monstrous creature that was over 50ft tall. Suddenly a holy sword appears in the center of the room, which causes the whole class to go into an uproar as everyone demeaned anos for being a misfit and making false claims that he was the demon king. The "reincarnations of kanon" were enjoying every bit of the argument as they watched anos' own classmates turn against him. You decided to have a little fun as the commotion continued amongst anos and the rest of the class. Within an instant, you teleported right behind Laos to give him a little surprise. No one was phased by your sudden appearance since they were all distracted by the holy sword in the middle of the room, trying to piece together why and how it was summoned.

"Why don't you show that anos guy who's in charge, Mr. tall dark and handsome." you say as you whisper into his ear from behind, seductively. You could see the hairs on the back of Laos neck stand up, giving him goosebumps, as he turned his head to see your face inches away from his. A large smile appears on his face when he figures out that it was you who said that, and within seconds, he had already taken the bait. He instantly shot himself up to instigate and challenge everyone and anyone that claimed they were stronger than anos. As you returned to your seat to enjoy the show, you could feel a pair of eyes watching you from a distance. It was the same aura you felt from the sword tournament and the library, but you couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. Suddenly a loud high-pitched ringing roams through your ears. It felt like your ears were going to bleed as you tried to cover your ears from the noise. As you look around the room with a huge headache, your vision suddenly turns black, entering in an infinite void of white that has two large doors facing each other. There were engravings on the doors that you couldn't make much out of it since it was in some weird language, but what you could see was a man in a black trench coat and a mask. He had the aura that you had been searching for. At the library, the tournament, and the classroom. This was the man that you were looking for, and you needed to kill him. Just as you tried to conjure up a sword, your powers were gone. It is as if the void you were in defied any magical powers. You had read about these in forbidden literature, but you never knew it would actually be real. You felt your adrenaline increase as you faced this masked man, ready for whatever was to come, but you were taken aback when he took a seat on the ground.