Chapter one-hundred-twenty-eight

"Yes," Hermione nodded, her mind clearly still on the mark. "Yes, I've been wondering that too. I really think we'll have to,"

"Did you hear me right?" Harry asked confused. He was fully expecting her to disagree like so many times before but she didn't. He looked at Faith to see her reaction and noticed that she wasn't disagreeing either. She looked at him with a small nod and tiniest lift of the corners of her mouth, almost resembling a smile. 

"Of course, I did," Hermione said. "You want to go to Godric's Hollow. I agree, I think we should. I mean, I can't think of anywhere else it could be, either. It'll be dangerous, but the more I think about it, the more likely it seems it's there, right, Faith?"

"Absolutely," Faith nodded. "It makes perfect sense for him to hide it there,"

"Er - what's there?" Harry asked with a frown. 

"The sword, of course! Dumbledore must have known you'd want to go back there, and I mean, Godric's Hollow is Godric Gryffindor's birthplace -"

"Really? Gryffindor came from Godric's Hollow?"

"Honestly, Harry," Faith sighed, but Harry could spot a twinkle of amusement in her eyes and the corners of her mouth seemed to raise even more, definitely shaping into a smile. "Why else do you think they named it Godric's Hollow? Did you ever open A History of Magic?"

"Erm," Harry said, a grin appearing on his face too. He couldn't even remember the last time he saw Faith smile, or the last time he smiled himself. "I might've opened it, you know, when I bought it ... just the once ..."

"I thought you'd make the connection when it's literally named after him," Faith said with a giggle, suddenly making Harry's entire day brighter. 

"There's a bit about the village in A History of Magic," Hermione said. "You and your parents aren't mentioned because Professor Bagshot doesn't cover anything later than the end of the nineteenth century. But it all makes sense, you see? Godric's Hollow, Godric Gryffindor, Gryffindor's sword; don't you think Dumbledore would have expected you to make the connection?"

"Oh, yeah ..."

Harry didn't tell them that the sword wasn't actually the reason he wanted to go to Godric's Hollow but Faith could tell by his expression. Of course, he wanted to see his parents' graves, she couldn't blame him. She wanted to go herself, too, to pay her respects to them. They gave their lives to protect Harry. 

"Remember what Muriel said?" Harry finally asked.

"Who?" Hermione frowned.

"You know," Harry hesitated with explaining, knowing it would bring up Ron's name.

"Molly's Auntie Muriel. At the wedding. The one who said you had skinny ankles and wants me to get myself a new set of eyes," Faith quickly explained to Hermione but she realised their redheaded friend's name was avoided. 

"Oh," Hermione just said.

"She said Bathilda Bagshot still lives in Godric's Hollow," Harry quickly continued. 

"Bathilda Bagshot," Hermione mumbled to herself. "Well, I suppose -"

Hermione suddenly let out such a loud gasp that both Harry and Faith jumped to their feet and drew their wands, fully expecting Hermione to have seen someone unzip the entrance of the tent but nothing was there. 

"What?" Faith asked with a big sigh of relieve. "What did you do that for? I thought you'd seen a Death Eater unzipping the tent, at least -"

"What if Bathilda's got the sword?" Hermione ignored her. "What if Dumbledore entrusted it to her?"