Chapter sixty-three

"I'll bet you wish you hadn't given up Divinition now, don't you, Hermione?" Parvati Patil asked Hermione as she curled her eyelashes around her wand, examining the result in the back of her spoon. 

They were having breakfast, two days after the announcement of the new Divination's teacher. That morning, they'd have their first lesson from Firenze and Faith was quite looking forward to it, knowing quite a few things about centaurs. 

"Not really," Hermione shrugged, not looking up from reading the Daily Prophet. "I've never really liked horses,"

Faith rolled her eyes at Hermione.

"He's not a horse, he's a centaur!" Lavender corrected her, rather shocked that Hermione would say that.

"A gorgeous centaur ..." Parvati sighed. 

"Either way, he's still got four legs," Hermione said. "Anyway, I thought you two were all upset that Trelawney had gone?"

"We are!" Lavender said. "We went up to her office to see her; we took her some daffodils - not the honking ones that Sprout got her, nice ones,"

"How is she?" Harry asked her.

"Not very good, poor thing," Lavender sighed. "She was crying and saying she'd rather leave the castle for ever than stay here where Umbridge is, and I don't blame her, Umbridge was horrible to her, wasn't she?"

"She's horrible to everyone," Faith said grimly. "And she probably only just started,"

"Impossible," Ron said. "She can't get any worse than she's been already,"

"Well, I don't think it'll be long before Umbridge will make some decree that puts Dumbledore out of his position. Especially after he appointed another part-human. You saw the look on her face when she saw Firenze," Faith said. "I just wish there was something we could do to get rid of her,"

After breakfast, Harry, Ron, and Faith followed Lavender and Parvati to the Entrance Hall, Hermione went the other way to Arithmancy. 

"Aren't we going up to the North Tower?" Ron asked, very confused. 

"How d'you expect Firenze to climb that ladder? We're in classroom eleven now, it was on the noticeboard yesterday," Parvati said over her shoulder. Faith gave Ron a look, eyebrows raised, which earned her a poke in her ribs. 

Classroom eleven was on the ground floor, just around the corner from the Entrance Hall but it was one of those classrooms that was rarely used so Faith felt weird having Divination in there. But when they entered they were most surprised at how the room looked. They found themselves in the middle of a forest.

"What the -?"

The floor was covered in moss and trees were growing all around them, leaves fell onto their shoulders. The room was lit by a soft, green light. The students that had arrived before them were already seated on the moss, backs resting against tree trunks, they all looked timid yet excited. In the middle of the clearing, was Firenze.

"Harry Potter," He spoke out, holding out his hand to Harry. 

"Er - hi," Harry shook his hand as Firenze's bright blue eyes pierced right through him. He didn't even blink once. "Er - good to see you,"

"And you," The centaur nodded. "It was foretold that we would meet again,"

Faith was looking at the two with wide eyes. She had no idea how Harry knew this centaur and why they were on speaking terms. She noticed Firenze had a hoof-shaped bruise right on the centre of his chest. 

Harry, Ron, and Faith sat down, joining the other students. Most of them looked at Harry and Firenze in awe, also surprised Harry knew the centaur.