•epilogue•

the song on the radio played quietly as we sat talking. it was peaceful, and a fitting way to end the school year. the past few months have been great, with some of the my favorite memories being the ones that i made with karl.

we went to a few parties together, most notably a halloween party and a new years party. (they may or may not have ended up similarly to jack's, but not as bad because that hangover was terrible)

our families spent some time together in thanksgiving and christmas because we lived so close, they came over to our house for thanksgiving and we went to theirs for christmas. it was really nice being able to see him so often and be able to spend holidays with him and my family without having to take him away from his own. i got a car and was finally able to leave the house by myself, but not right away because i still hasn't gotten my license.

in april we went on a road trip into the city and we spent the day together. we got dinner and spent a lot of time just talking, mainly about stupid stuff but it was great. we went to a concert and then took a walk around a bit before it got too dark and then headed back home, it was very late when we actually arrived but being tired from the lack of sleep was definitely worth it because we were together.

and here we are now, june, and we just finished school for the year. it became tradition to take a quick trip to the overlook every few weeks, it was a very serene place that gave both of us a feeling of tranquility through the turmoil of life. we're sitting, the arctic monkeys is playing in the background, and it's all i could ever ask for. this moment is the moment that i wish i could stay in forever. the quiet whispers as we look over the town, just basking in each others presence.

i notice him shift out of the corner of my eye, turning to look at me rather than the city, and like the night we first kissed i turn to face him as well. he smiles at me and then finally speaks, "cassie, i love you. like i really love you and i've never been happier than these past months with you-"

i cut him off before he starts nervously rambling because i know if i don't we'll be here for a while. "karl, bro, wait not bro that not an endearing term..." he laughed a little, his eyes crinkling on the edges. "sorry, anyways, i love you too." i smile, leaning forward and kissing his cheek.

he still blushes whenever i do that, but he places a kiss the back of my hand that had been held in his for the past hour or so in response.

it's 8:47, the sun is beginning to set on the horizon, and the view is beautiful. i smile, because this is the beginning of summer, and i'm spending it with karl. we had the whole summer to hang out and adventure, both near and far. i had finally gotten my license with a little help from karl, although that wasn't exactly legal, so when we go on longer drives he doesn't have to drive the whole time. the song playing ends and we are met with silence, the playlist ended and our summer has officially begun.

a/n: hi so i ended this book a little while ago but i've seen some comments and i realized that i left it off in a weird place. i wasn't really feeling this book anymore and i thought it would be better to leave it on the note that it was on than to try and write when i wasn't motivated, the book would've sucked. i tried to write a different book but the same thing happened so that one is no longer up, but i'm probably going to work on it and re-release it at some point, but i want to have more pre-written chapters first so i can have something to post if i don't feel motivated. i have been writing a dream book and i don't know when it's going to be out but i've written about 5 chapters so far so it'll probably be out in a month or so. but anyways i hope this lives up to how you wanted the book to end and thank you so much for reading !
~homie <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐬 || 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐬 🎉