Prolouge

Joy's P.O.V.

The day when my life changed was the coldest I can remember.

It was one of those days when the sun wasn't sure if it's want to hide behind the clouds or just set down quickly so that the moon can shine.
I was twelve years old and had the time of my life. All the kids at the neighborhood were playing together, hanging each other's places and enjoying life as it is.
Me and my Appa and Eomma were living in Seoul - Seongdong District.
I wasn't good at studying but my parents had never nagging me about it. My Appa were a musician who composed music for commercials. My Eomma were a cashier at a convenient store at that time.

They were fighting a lot about money those days and my Eomma had always said that my Appa needs to find a better job, because he didn't made much money.
I hated when they were fighting and always run away to the house next door where my Jin oppa lived.
He was four years older than me and he was my first love. He was my shelter whenever I needed him, he was there for me. He always greeted me with a big smile on his face and hugged me whenever I needed it.

That day my parents started fighting again. I was in my room, drawing a card for Jin oppa to confess my love. I didn't wanted to hear my parents but they were so loud.

"Enough is enough." said Eomma. Her voice scared me.
"I can't stand this for another day Duho. You promised me that we will live happily. You told me that you will be rich if I just wait a little longer." Eomma's words felt like little stings on my skin.

"Hajima....." I whispered to my empty room. They didn't hear me.

"Give me some more time Miyoung-ah. Just a little more time. Jaebal!" my Appa's voice were shaking as he begged for my mother.
My eyes wear already tearing up as I've heard my Eomma's words.

"Soo young and I are leaving you Duho. I met someone who wants to marry me and I said yes. He has a work that pays a lot of money so your daughter won't be suffering from poorness anymore." my Eomma shout these words to my Appa, and I've felt my heart breaking into pieces.

My tears has fallen from my eyes as I opened my room door and stormed out. My Appa and Eomma stood at the living room. I didn't look at them, just ran straight to the front door and opened it up. I've heard my Eomma call out my name but I didn't stop.

I just ran to the house next door and as I reached the door I started banging on it. I barley saw anything from my tears I felt like a little bird who had fallen from the nest.
Who knows how many hour I stood there banging on the door without any response. Nobody answered.

"Jin oppa.." I cried out many times but he wasn't there.
Some time has passed and I felt so tired and exhausted that I slowly sat down on the floor.
I don't want to leave. I don't want to go. I want to stay with my Appa and Jin oppa.
How can you do this to me Eomma? How can you do this to Appa?

•••

On that day my Eomma and I left my Appa. I've never met my Appa or Jin oppa again. Eomma doesn't let me to contact my Appa. She said after we left, he moved out as well.
Me and Eomma moved to Norway with her new husband and his son. They weren't that bad but I've never felt like family with them.
I've missed my Appa so much and for the first year I've cried myself to sleep every night. I've missed Jin oppa as well and secretly wrote him letters once in a month but he never answered. After five years I gave up and stopped writing to him. I was devastated and heartbroken but time somehow healed my wounds.

At least some of them.

I felt like I'm living as half a person. Without my Appa I wasn't whole. I started to study hard so that when I grow up I can have a job that pays well and with the money I go back to Korea to find my Appa. I've even started a YouTube channel when I've turned 16 and did music covers and wrote a few songs hoping my Appa is watching me. Now I'm 24 years old, have almost 1 million followers on YouTube, 500k on Instagram and just finished Uni. I have a degree in economy and am on a plane to Seoul.
I am ready to find him! My Appa and my other half.

Appa I'm coming!

•••
Welcome sweeties!

I hope you like his story!

If you have any questions or advice please feel free to send it to me.

Have a nice day! 🌑

Iris unnie 🌸