•Swimming naked in the lake part 2•

• Andy •

I was looking at him with confusion. What he just did? Is this the reason why he was so weird for this whole time? 

- Why are you looking at me like that? - he asked. 

- Because that was inappropriate. I don't know why you did that. - I said still standing in cold water. 

- Look! There must be something in the water, did you see that? - and after a while my head was under water. 

- You're serious Rye? - I started yelling at him. - I could have drown! 

- Don't panic lady, chill out. - and he swam away. 

- Get back here you idiot! I really will never understand you. It's going deeper in this area! 

- Oh my God, I'm drowning! Help me Andrew! Help! - Ryan pretended to be drowning. 

- You're such a boor, I'm get outta here. - I said and started heading towards to the shore. 

- Oh c'mon mate, that was a joke! Andy! Andrew! Stop! - he shouted but I was deaf for his screaming. 

I grabbed my clothes and get dressed. 

- Better go back to the boys. For sure they're afraid. 

- Jesus, I was hoping you'll be different thereafter but nothing has changed. - he said sadly. 

- Why I was supposed to change, huh? I like my version and I don't give a fuck about your opinion. 

- Because you didn't stop matter for me. - he looked deep in my eyes. - You don't understand? Let me explain you. For this whole time I've tried to pay your attention. I was for every your call, no matter if it was day or night. I cuddled you when you had nightmares. Even those little kisses mattered for me. I enjoyed every minute when I could spend it with you. But you were blind. You were blind for my love. Now you don't care about me anymore. And I think it's time that I will stop caring about you. - he left my hand and started walking to the camp. 

In my head were many thoughts. That was hard. That hit different. I looked up at the full moon and started thinking about words he said to me. 

Seriously I was that blind to didn't see that? Maybe I wasn't blind but stupid? Love is harder than you think. I've never had such a pure and real love. Maybe this was a reason I was blind and deaf for his behavior and gestures. 

I decided to give myself time to think about it. I followed him, but at a safe distance.

He was walking with his head down, holding a T-shirt in his hand. I looked at his muscular back and wide shoulders. At this point I realized that I would give anything to feel him in my arms again. This was my instant desire. I don't want to offend him with this. He would probably think I need his touch again, not his feelings.

- Hey, where have you been for this whole time? - Mikey smiled to us widely. 

I looked at Ryan, but he didn't responded. He did not even look in the direction of the boys gathered by the fire and entered his tent. Mikey still gave me a strange look, as if he wanted to ask "What happened?", but I just waved my hand and sat down to them.

- It doesn't look good.. - Brook started. 

- He is simply tired. Come on, guys. Are there any more sausages? - I asked, but I don't think the boys believed me. 

- Can we sing? - Jack asked, I looked at him and he seemed to be drunk but pretended to be not. 

- Sure Jonky. - Brook responded sending him a kiss in the air. 

- Stop it Brook, remember how you used to hook me up? Don't do it again or you will regret it.

The blonde turned red as if he was expecting what could happen if he went one step too far. A man with a wife was flirting with his best friend again. We went back to the starting point.

I grabbed the guitar and started playing the first chords of Ed Sheeran's song. The boys combined their voices melodiously, and for me it was a real pleasure to listen to them. I had Ryan in the back of my head all the time, and he's probably now punishing himself for what he did. 

In the distance we could only hear the noise of the lake, our singing was carried around the forest. The wood was pleasantly crackling in the fire. I became sleepy. 

- Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to bed. Don't sit too long or you'll catch a cold. Good night, guys. - I answered and went to my tent. 

- Okay daddy, sleep well. - and they sent me wide smiles. 

I was really grateful that they took me on this trip, for a moment I could stop thinking about life in the city. The hustle overwhelmed me more and more and the escape into the forest allowed me to relax. 

I still heard them laughing, but in a moment the bustle stopped and probably everyone went to their tent. Or at least I thought so. I lit a small lamp. Lying on my back wrapped in a sleeping bag I kept thinking about Ryan. 

Now or never, come on Andy. 

I left the sleeping bag, tightly wrapping myself in a blanket and unfastened the lock from the tent. As I thought, there was nobody else. From Mikey's tent there was a quiet snoring. I quickly moved to Ryan's place and allowed myself to go inside. 

I slipped my head into the gap, my bare feet started to freeze to the ground. Ryan was lying down uncovered, on his side, his hand was under his head. I scanned his body, and soon there were images in my head, one of those sleepless nights when we were still in the band. I slipped inside, being careful not to wake him up. 

When I was fastening the lock I heard a quiet voice at the back. 

- Why did you come? - Ryan was scratching his naked body. 

- To talk. - I said.

- Lie down next to me. - and he pat the place next to him. 

- Ryan, what you said was true? - I asked without looking into his eyes, I put my bare feet in his sleeping bag, which was lying next to him. 

- Have I ever lied to you? - he covered me tightly with a blanket. 

- I don't remember.

- You see? Because friends don't lie. - he said while grabbing my chin. - I seriously trying to understand how I used to spend 24 hours with you. And you know what? Now I'm lying in my empty room still thinking about you and all these little things that we were doing.. - he took a deep breath. 

- Ryan, it matters to me too... - I said by placing our lips together in a gentle kiss. 

For the first time in my life in several years I felt that I was holding my happiness in my hands and this time I wouldn't let it slip. 

We talked for a long time throughout the night. We laughed and felt good in our own time. In the morning I sneaked out of Ryan's tent to mine. Unluckily, I found Jack doing the same thing only from Brook's tent. 

We looked at each other slightly confused and then covered our mouths in order not to explode with laughter. I put my finger to my mouth, thus ordering Jack not to tell anyone about it. The boy understood my gesture and stretched out his little finger as a sign of the pact that we always made in various situations. So many years passed and we still understood each other without words. 

I fell tired on my sleeping bag and I do not even know when - I fell asleep. I only dreamt of returning home. This time with Ryan, not alone.