𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

The sun shined through the windows of the Burning Rescue department declaring it a bright and early morning. The weather almost perfect and the skies already clear. The burning rescue squad seemed to not have matched the atmosphere of the day.

   Who could blame them, they had to miss the job they were passionate about to meet up with a low profile business man. Was this Alistair Promare even a business man? When Ignis mentioned their appointment with him, the team was nothing but puzzled. 

"Why do we gotta visit some capitalist guy, what does government business have to do with fire fighters?!?" Galo protested.

"Everything Galo, everything" Aina stated.

"Its amazing how big your vocabulary is yet how little you have concern for grammar," Teased Remy with a smirk. Galo only gave him a long glare.

"Quit messing around team," Ignis snapped at the bunch. "We have to make a good impression on Mr. Alistar." Ignis purposely avoided using his last name, especially round Galo and Lio.

The group took the fire truck with Ignis driving and started to head to Promare tech building. Ever since Deus Promare's death it was ran by Krays team, but after his arrest it was taken back by the Promare tech industries as a company, together. There was never mentions of one person taking over, so what makes Alistair so special? 

"Who exactly is this man?" Lio questioned

Ignis pulled out a device showing a hologram of a young man, he couldn't look younger than 30.

"He seems way younger than I thought." Remy mentioned.

"This here is Alistair, he took over Promare tech industries after the recent fall of former Governor Kray. Theres not much of a record on who he is though, only that Dr. Promare left him the company in his will, which was found out to be hidden by Kray. Everything else about him has been kept under wraps, security purposes I guess." He explained.

The truck was silent for a moment after hearing that. Could this new executive be a threat like Kray? If he's the head of a big company why be so incognito? 

"Looks like we don't have much impressing to do, the guy doesn't even present himself to the public" Aina joked. 

"You're right, BUT this guys got big money, if we look good to him then imagine the projects that could be funded." Lucia declared practically with stars in her eyes. It was true he could open a door to new opportunities to the squad, but he could close them just as easily with. 

After what seemed like five minutes the burning rescue team arrived at Promare tech headquarters. The building seemed to take up an entire street, it was as wide as it was tall. With glass windows and grey panes around it. 

                                                                 I like to think it looks like this ^

"I already feel like I'm being judged and I haven't even entered the building ." Galo declared with a shiver. He was speaking for everyone, no one knew the purpose of this visit. If anything they should feel like the ones who mean business, they're the fire fighters who saved Promopolis after all. However, no one could shake the feeling of a student being called to the school office.

As soon as they entered the building all eyes were on the squad. They were the only ones not dressed in normal business attire, just their firefighting gear.

"This is just humiliating." Remy muttered while looking down.

"Please these citizens just don't know about true Fire Fighters, we gotta show them what we're all about!" Galo shouted.

"Lets save the show for when we get to business." Lio replied putting a hand on Galo's shoulder.

They were greeted by a receptionist at the front desk.

"We have an appointment with Alistar Promare." Ignis told the woman. 

She silently nodded and checked her computer. "Please take the elevator to the 11th floor, there you will find Mr. Promare. 

"Thank you!" The team told her in unison, while heading towards the elevator. 

The glass elevator proceeded to take them all the way up to the floor and opened up to an office and the team walked out to take the room in.

There waited a slender man with wavy black hair standing while staring outside the large window, along with two men in suits beside him.

"Leave us". The man stated, as the two men standing guard exited into the elevator and proceeded to go downstairs. 

This man seemed young, surely he could not be the one they were answering to thought the team.

He turned around to greet the burning rescue squad. 

"Welcome dear hero!" He announced with a grand smile. "I am Alistar Promare, the nephew of the long passed Dr. Promare."

A silence fell over the room. The team exchanged glances between each other, unsure of what to say.

Lio looked to Galo with a panic, how will the family of Dr. Promare react to meeting the former leader of the burnish. 

Ignis broke the silence. "What is it that you called us for?"

"Im glad you're still wondering." Alistar replied, "I want you to help me go into research on the Promare, and what it means for us."

"We already know about it, it came from another universe to seek host." Remy answered him.

"YEAH! And we sent that thing back to where it came from!" Galo replied proudly.

"While that is true, there are remnants of the Promare in Promopolis." He then looked to Lio. "That volcano you had your little.. episode in."

Lio felt his face get red from the memory of then.

"It was strong enough to bring you from the brink of death, it's still connected to the Promare to this day, I had my research team go to it just to find out."

"And what did this team happen to discover?" Lio questioned.

"We couldn't hear it from them, but the footage shows traces of the Promare still left in it." Alistar replied.

"What do you mean yi couldn't hear it form them?" Aina asked with caution.

"Oh well, the exposure must have done it, they died." Alistar answered unbothered. 

The team felt their stomachs drop, why would this man want them to research what killed his last team?

"You're team is incredibly strong, with the right equipment you should al be able to handle the effects fo this Promare." Alistar told them, seeing the hesitation in their reactions. "Not to mention you have a trump card on your side." He added looking towards Lio.

Did Lio really want to find out more about what he pushed aside? However, was it worth risking his team? Theres still so much no one knows about this Promare, this resarch could do way more for their cause. 

Ignis decided to speak. "Lio, you know the most about the Promare, we will follow what you think is best." In reality Ignis didn't know what to do.

Lio finally gave his choice. "I want nothing more than to find out what this source of power really was, let's do it."

*It has been really long, but I'm picking this story back up! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!*