𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

Galo and Lio soon arrive in the elevator and press the button to go up to the burning rescues main base. Their silence hung, but there was not much to say. Galo felt relieved and satisfied that his words actually had a positive effect on Lio, it was a hero moment to him. While Lio had though to himself, this was his new family, the people who will accept him. He always had Meis and Guiera, but they were off volunteering to help former burnish build their new lives.

 As they get off and enter the main room they are greeted by the rest of the squad. Lucia was testing new equipment she had built, with Vinny, her mouse watching her. While Varys attempts to beat Remy in a video game, however he managed to convince Remy to play with him. All with Aina listening to her headphones with a bag of chips. 

Lucia was the first to notice Galo and Lio's return.

"FINALLY! Galo and Lio are back, took ya forever did, ya buy out the whole place?!?" She exclaimed jumping out of her seat towards them. Suddenly everyone turned their heads towards Galo and Lio, with widened eyes. Ignis seemed the most concerned about their late arrival.

"What took you too so long?" he asked with a stern face. He could see something was wrong in Galo and Lio's face. 

"We just got into trouble with some idiot, nothing much." Galo reapplied hiding his fear of their Captain. Lio silently scoffed at the reply. If there was an easy was to explain what happened that was far from it. Ignis furrowed his brow at this and looked too Lio. He knew if anyone here could explain for Galo its Lio.

"A citizen made comments about me being a Burnish, so before Galo could fight with him a waiter broke it up and he left. No harm done sir." Lio carefully explained, he didn't want to raise any alarm with the Rescue Squad, his maturity had already gained their trust.

 Ignis let out a heavy sigh. "Alright, I trust you two to be  able to handle yourselves with the recent hate comments towards former Burnish, as long as nothing turned violent today you seemed to handle yourselves well. Remember we are here to save lives and show the people they can trust us."

"Yes sir." Lio replied, relived that he did not worry over this matter.

"Gotcha Chief." Galo replied, he was never one for formality, but that was his perk. Galo then set the food he got on the table for everyone to help themselves. As they gathered around Remy surprisingly broke the silence first.

"So Lio did you get to read the book I lent you?" He asked, everyone knew Remy would be a reader but it was never considered that he would share it. 

"I have its actually been really interesting." Lio replied, he was fond of the gesture of Remy lending him something so personal. "Especially how the main character learns to come to terms with who they are, and returns home and-"

"BOOORRIING." Lucia obnoxiously interrupted. She was one of the most knowledgeable of the group, but reading still seemed like a chore to her. Her comment was received with a mean side eye from Remy. Lio looked down in embarrassment.

Lio thought to himself. 'Did I talk too much there? Maybe I should not over explain then I could get them to like what I have to say more-'

"Aina turn on the TV lets see what's new." Lucia asked. It's almost as if Lio couldn't even think to himself without interruption.  Aina silently obliged while smirking to herself. 'This is one chaotic team I've landed myself on.' She thought. 

The news was the first channel to appear when the TV turned on. The anchor continued their daily report.

"As Promepolis gets used to its new Burinsh residents many citizens are wary of their intention. A man had attacked someone on the train accusing them of being a Burnish, charges have not been made yet after he claimed it was fro self defense." The news anchor finished speaking as pictures of the case showed on screen

"Thats horrible, how could someone attack an innocent person, even if they aren't a threat anymore." Aina asked covering her mouth. 

Images of the imprisonment of the Burnish flashed in Lio's head. 'Attacking innocent people, even if they were the threat themself.' He thought 

"Its because people still do not understand us, so they choose to let their fear get the best of them." Lio finally replied to her.

"I gotta hand it to you Lio." Lucia said in his direction. "Despite what the public thinks you still stand up and give a god example, pretty cool."

Lio smiled softly at this. It was nice to have a small amount of appreciation, even after all that he has done against the city. 

"I didn't know you could be so supportive Lucia." Remy said with a smirk. Lucia only responded with a death glare and punching his abdomen. The rest of the squad chuckled at the interaction. This is how it was from now on. Everyone would be safe as long as the team worked together.

The low chatter between everyone was interrupted by the departments phone ringing. 

Ignis walked to the phone and answered it.

"This is the Burning Rescue department are you in need of assistance?" He asked into the phone.

The rest of the team watched in suspense as Ignis nodded with a confused look. He then began mumbling to the phone.

Galo couldn't take the suspense anymore. "Well I can't hear a thing what about you guy-" 

"SHHHHHHHHH" He was interrupted by Lucia, Aina, and Remy quieting him in unison.

"Understood, I will send my unit and I to your office at nine am tomorrow. Take care." Ignis ended the conversation, then put the phone down. 

"What was that for chief?" Aina asked with concern in her voice. It matched the curiosity of everyone at the moment.

He then replied "Make sure you all get to the station by seven-forty five am, we have a special appointment with Alistair Promare the new holder on Promare tech industries. "

                                          ********************************************* 

Hello! Sorry this update took so long, I got busy a lot hopefully I can update by next week 

                                                                   Thanks for the read!