"I can heal. You cannot."

{𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚝𝚞𝚋}
{𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 1}

{𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚝𝚞𝚋}{𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 1}

Cold and strong arms.

Was the first thing to greet me as I groggily woke up. I shifted my body to be able to get up but the strangers arm's tighten more. But I didn't feel threaten, which is strange because I always feel threaten, instead I felt safe and warm. Unwilling, I opened my eyes to be greeted by a pair dark drown eyes. As my eyes got wider, more clearer, I noticed an cloth held against his cheek.

"Where are we?" I asked. Hearing the raspiness in my voice I cleared my throat. I tried to look around but the only thing I could see was a desk and a person or two walk by in uniforms. I groaned as I sat up into a more upright position.

"At the police station." Nancy answered. I glanced over at her from where she sat next to Jonathan.

"Be careful, Kitara, you're still healing." Jonathan warned me putting his hands on my lower back. My heart fluttered at the contact but I kept my face neutral. "Steve hit you pretty hard in the alley." I froze at the information. And that's when it hit me, the kicks towards my stomach, the fight between Steve and Jonathan. Reflex, my hand went towards my stomach and I sighed in relief when I felt the small heartbeat against my hand. Turning my head towards the guy that I'm currently sitting on, I saw the small bruise starting to form over his cheek. He flinched when I ran my fingers gently over it.

"Are you alright?" I asked him out of concern.

Johnny scoffed. "He kicked your stomach. Yet you are asking me if I'm alright." He stated.

"I can heal. You cannot."

Jonathan's eyes softened. "I promised that I would protect you... and I did."

It got awkward, especially since I remembered that Nancy was still there. Clearing our throats, I basically scrambled off of his lap, wincing as I got situated in the chair beside him. I could feel the heat radiating from my face. If Not were to see me now... I could already see the smirk on her face. Or maybe, she would be scoffing telling me that I was supposed to be emotionless, to never let my guard down.

The three of us just sat there as we waited for someone to come talk to us. I just wanted anyone to break this awkwardness that was between us. I can hear a pen drop from the desk behind us, the coffee machine brewing the coffee from the break room, the secretary complaining to her friend on the phone about the Chief.

I snapped my head over to the doorway as I was the only one who could hear the stomping footsteps of Joyce Byers. And behind her was the Chief himself.

"Hey! Jonathan? Jesus... What happened?" Joyce frantically asked him.

"I'm fine," Jonathan tried to reassure her. The same officer that interviewed me and Nancy in the cafeteria in school was already standing right behind us.