Chapter 37 - Allure part 2

The chicken wing that Lan JingYi was holding in his mouth plopped into his bowl, splattering the sauce onto the front of his clothes.

One single thought filled Wei WuXian's mind—after Lan WangJi sobered up, he wouldn't ever have the face to look at others again.

Jin Ling was bewildered, "... What's he doing?"

Wei WuXian, "Showing you guys a special way to use the Lan Sect's forehead ribbon."

Lan SiZhui, "What special way..."

Wei WuXian, "When you find a really strange corpse and you feel that you should take it back to examine it properly, you can take off your forehead ribbon and bring it back like this."

Lan JingYi blurted, "But you cannot do that! Our sect's forehead ribbon is..."

Lan SiZhui stuffed the chicken wing back into his mouth, "Oh, I see! I did not know that it can be used in such a way!"

Ignoring the strange looks that other people gave them, Lan WangJi dragged Wei WuXian up the stairs.

Jin Ling stared at his cousin and caught the cup that once held the tea she was drinking before she spit it out as her grip loosened around it.

Lan MingYu, "did my eyes deceive me?"

The Lan disciples shook their heads

Jin Ling asked, "why?"

Jin Ling was curious, he knew that the forehead ribbon could only be touched by family or their significant other so Lan MingYu answered her voice filled with disbelief, "tying one's wrists with our forehead ribbon is our sign that they are our lovers."

Now he knew why she was shocked and could only remain silent.

Lan WangJi entered the room, turned around, closed the doors, latched them, and finally pushed the table over as though he wanted to block out an imaginary enemy. Watching Lan WangJi hurry around, Wei WuXian asked, "Are you gonna kill me here?"

Within the private room, there was a wooden screen, which separated the space inside the room into two halves. One half had a table and a few chairs for eating and chatting, while the other had a long bed and curtains for resting. After Lan WangJi dragged him to the other side of the screen, he forcefully pushed Wei WuXian onto the bed.

Wei WuXian's head knocked lightly against the wooden backing that was joined to the bed. He gave an offhand "ow" in exclamation as he thought, Is he gonna make me sleep again? It's not nine yet, is it?

Hearing the exclamation, Lan WangJi lifted the hems of his white robes and sat down elegantly on the bed, reaching out to feel Wei WuXian's head. Although he was expressionless, his movements were extremely gentle, as though he was asking "did it hurt?"

As his hand felt around, Wei WuXian's lips twitched, "It hurts! It hurts sooo much!"

From the cries of pain, a slight worrying expression finally formed over Lan WangJi's face. His hands were even gentler as he patted Wei WuXian's shoulder as though to comfort him. Wei WuXian raised his wrists for him to see, "Why don't you let me go? HanGuang-Jun, it's so tight that my hands are almost bleeding. It hurts so much! Take off the ribbon and let me go, okay? Okay?"

Lan WangJi covered his mouth at once.

Wei WuXian, "Mn mnn mnnffff mnn mn mnfffnnnnn mnn mnnnnn mnn mnnn nfff mn nn, mnn nn mnn mnnfff mnnn mnnfff nnnff mnnn mnnff mnn nnf mn mnn mnff?!"

So you pretend not to understand the things that you don't want to do, and if you really can't pretend you're just gonna not let me say them?!