A Flower Has Bloomed

Somewhere in Gusu Lan sects infirmary, a scream tore the peaceful silence. Wei Meili courtesy name Shuang lay panting as she clutched her husband's hands -who winced in pain- when she was instructed to push again by the doctor. Sharp cries fill the room as the baby is pushed out of its mother.

The head healer saluted the new parents as her assistant placed the newborn next to its mother, "Congratulations clan leaders, Madam Wei, it's a healthy baby girl."

Wei Meili turned to her baby, "She's so beautiful like a cherry blossom" the new mother knew she could never be with her daughter when she grew up, she had grown weak during the birth and she didn't regret it one bit for their child was the symbol and product of their love.

Wei Meili rasped, "A-Cheng, A-Huan promise me that you will protect our A-Chang for me," both sect leaders noticed their wife's slowing breath and commanded the healers present to save her but it was already too late as Wei MeiLi passed away vowing, I vow that no matter what happens I will always protect you with all I have! My little blossom.

As if sensing her mother's passing, the baby, Lan Chang cried for someone, anyone to hold her. Both sect leaders sat next to Wei MeiLi's body, the healers already left for them to grieve, they turned to the still crying baby. Jiang Cheng courtesy name Wanyin cradled the babe, rocking her gently. Her cries seized and for the first time opened her eyes, it was a warm brown with silver flecks.

Lan Huan courtesy name Xichen, stared at the baby with fascination as she reached for his finger and started chewing on it. At that moment little Lan Chang courtesy name Mingyu was born, Yunmeng Jiang sect and Gusu Lan sect may have lost Madam Wei but the life that she gave birth to was never blamed for her death as they knew that her fathers will love and cherish the greatest gift their wife could give. Their little Blossom