Uncle, meet Dad and Cousin

Night time came as the Lan trio patrolled the area they set up. Lan Mingyu was patrolling around the front when a servant, A-Tong, nearly bumped into her yelling "madman" and "murderer" she rushed to the scene where the servants gathered to investigate the commotion. Madam Mo forced her way through the crowd and saw the corpse of her son, falling to her knees Madam Mo mourned her son's loss. Whilst cradling her son's corpse one of his sleeves lay limp, he was missing an arm! Remembering her nephew's words, the mother advanced toward him to kill him but luckily Lan Mingyu held her back.

Lan Mingyu let Lan Sizhui reason with the woman as she examined the corpse, jumping back when Wei Wuxian nearly toppled on her but she found something on the body, a spirit lure flag.

Lan Sizhui concluded, "Madam Mo, I believe I know how your son died. A spirit lure flag is used to summon ghosts and evil spirits. Your son carried this flag, making him a living target. The ghosts this flag summoned killed your son."

Madam Mo snatched the fabric from Lan Mingyu still in denial that it was her son's fault he died. The grieving woman started accusing Lan Mingyu since she was the leader of the trio, her martial brothers saw her clenching her sword tightly and the way she narrowed her eyes if no one does something, her fiery temper will be unleashed.

The madam fisted the front of her robes and kept blaming her until she slapped the woman's hands off her. Surprised, Wei Wuxian watched with rapt interest as the female Lan spoke in a terrifyingly calm voice, "Madam Mo, we came from a long way and went out of our way to come and help you. Your son is already 17, right? Therefore he is no longer a child, I warned him many times to stay in his room and what did he do?

He went out at night and because he was obsessed with cultivation tools, he took the flag assuming nothing of it, not knowing its effects and abilities. So tell me Madam Mo is it our fault? or your son's?" she finished with a terrifying glare as her scowl turned sour. Despite her words Madam Mo started blaming Wei Wuxian, Lan Mingyu took a deep breath trying to calm her temper.

Sensing something wrong, she dodged the now walking corpse servant landing on the roof she observed alongside her martial brothers. Giving a signal to the two they fought the walking corpse and placed a talisman. However, instead of it being purged the evil spirit escaped. Discussing for a moment Lan Mingyu told Lan Jingyi to fire the flare so senior cultivators aid them.

They turned to Madam Mo who is now a corpse and immediately took action, seeing that they were going to purge her Madam Mo tried to attack Lan Mingyu.

"Shijie!" her martial brothers warned, yelping Lan Jingyi was kicked in front of her so the hand grabbed his robe instead before it burst into flames. Seeing that the spells on their robes worked Lan Mingyu and Lan Sizhui threw them in the air. However, the resentment energy was stronger and it broke the array, Lan Mingyu suddenly heard groans behind her and saw the 2 corpses standing.

Lan Mingyu, "A-Yuan! A-Yi! Step back!" said people backed away as soon as the two corpses attacked Madam Mo. They watched in fascination as the 3 battled but it was clear that Madam Mo was winning, turning to them Lan Mingyu stood in front of her martial brothers with her arms spread out, ready to protect them.

Just as she was about to reach them, the strum of a guqin resounded in the area, turning to the figure clad in white the three exclaimed in relief, "Hanguang-jun/Uncle Wangji!".

...

Seeing that the corpse is weakened they checked it and saw the left arm escaped. After purging them, the trio saluted their senior, Lan Mingyu scanned the area and found Mo Xuanyu missing she frowned in worry before she followed her uncle and martial brothers to track the left arm.

Lan Mingyu was beside her uncle staring ahead contemplating. She sighed, "uncle do you think uncle Wuxian returned?" turning to her he hummed for her to continue, "earlier, when we arrived at Mo Manor, Mo Xuanyu looked as if he knew me from somewhere, could it be possible..." she trailed off, though the others knew the silent question 'could it be possible that Wei Wuxian returned?'. Lan Wangji remained silent but Lan Mingyu could see that he hoped that Wei Wuxian did return.

Landing at the base on Dafan mountain they started trekking it after her uncle destroyed all 400 spirit nets. Hearing 2 familiar voices she nearly wanted to facepalm, of all the people that could hunt here it had to be her hot-headed cousin and dad. Approaching the clearing where her relatives were, she was surprised when she saw Mo Xuanyu with them.

Lan Mingyu stood beside her uncle and greeted Sect leader Jiang, "Dad, A-Ling" Jiang Cheng turned to her and scanned her from head to toe, seeing that her outer robe missing he raised a brow.

Lan Mingyu, "During our night-hunt we encountered a left-arm-" but was cut off when a disciple of the Jiang clan approached them and reported about the destroyed spirit nets. Jiang Cheng started stroking Zidian, which was sparking because of Jiang Cheng's anger. Wei Wuxian was gobsmacked, no wonder why she looked familiar! She has the same face as Jiang Cheng although why isn't her surname Jiang if she's his daughter? he wondered.

The female Lan approached the Sect Leader with no fear and placed a calming hand on his arm. Jiang Cheng calmed his temper and then turned to his daughter and nephew, "why are you still standing there? Do you think a monster will walk directly to your sword? Take A-Chang with you, who knows what trouble you'll put yourself in? And don't you dare come back to me without your prey".

Jin Ling huffed but followed his cousin after saluting the seniors and their relatives. Walking beside him Lan Mingyu was curious, "what did you do this time that ticked dad off?" the Jin heir puffed his cheeks, "I was simply stating facts that no man- cultivator or not, would dare marry you since uncle is terrifying". His cousin blinked once, twice before letting out giggles flicking his forehead, the boy whined that he was no longer 7 years old but his cousin simply smiled in amusement.