Chapter 32 - Grasses part 7

A-Qing seemed to have paused shortly before answering, "Y-yes."

Xiao XingChen, "Then, walk a bit slower. Don't be so fast. You wouldn't want to bump into someone again, would you?"

He didn't mention at all that he himself couldn't see either. Holding A-Qing's hand, he led her to the side of the road, "Walk here. There are less people."

Both his words and his actions were gentle yet careful. A-Qing reached out with hesitation, but in the end, she still snatched away the money pouch that hung by his waist, "Brother, A-Qing is very thankful of you!"

Xiao XingChen, "Not Brother. It's Daozhang."

A-Qing blinked, "But you're both Daozhang and Brother."

Xiao XingChen smiled, "Then, since you call me Brother, why don't you give back Brother's pouch?"

No matter how quick a street-roamer like A-Qing was, they wouldn't be able to fool the senses of a cultivator. Startled, she took her pole and sprinted as fast as she could. Yet, not having run very far, Xiao XingChen grabbed the back of her collar with one hand and brought her back, "As I've already said, you shouldn't run so fast. What if you bump into someone again?"

A-Qing struggled to escape his grasp. With a twitch of her lips, her upper teeth bit down on her lower lip. Wei WuXian understood at once, Oh no, she's gonna shout 'molester'! Suddenly, a middle-aged man hurried out of a street corner. As he saw A-Qing, his eyes lit up at once. He stormed over as he cursed, "You little bitch. I've finally caught you. Give back my money!"

Simply cursing wasn't enough to relieve his anger. With a wave of his arm, his hand swung toward her face. A-Qing immediately looked down and closed her eyes. Yet, before the slap landed on her cheek, it was stopped halfway through.

Xiao XingChen, "Sir, please calm down for a moment. It's quite an impolite way to treat a young maiden, don't you think?"

A-Qing secretly peeked from behind her eyelids. The middle-aged man clearly used a lot of strength, yet his hand was held by Xiao XingChen's in a seemingly light way, unable to move an inch. Although he was nervous, he accused stubbornly, "What is a blind guy like you doing here? Saving the damsel in distress? So the little bitch is your lover? Did you know that she's a thief? She stole my money! If you protect her, then you're also a thief!"

With him in one hand and A-Qing in the other, Xiao XingChen turned around, "Give the man his money back."

A-Qing fumbled out the small amount of money and passed it over. Xiao XingChen let go of the man, who counted the money. Everything was still there. Glancing at the blind cultivator again, the man knew that he'd be difficult to deal with, so he trudged awkwardly away.

Xiao XingChen, "You really are too bold. How do you dare steal things even when you're blind?"

A-Qing leaped up three inches high, "He touched me! He pinched my butt, and it hurt so much, so what's wrong with me taking some of his money? There's only so little inside of such a big pouch, and he's being a bully about it. He's gonna die flat broke!"

Wei WuXian disagreed, You clearly had stealing intentions and bumped into him first, but now you're saying it like he wronged you first. What a fraud argument.

Xiao XingChen shook his head, "Such being the case, you really should've known better than to provoke him. Today, if nobody was here, the matter wouldn't have been solved with a mere slap. Maiden, take care."

After he finished, he turned in the opposite direction and left. Wei WuXian observed He didn't ask for his money pouch back. This shishu of mine is gentle towards women as well.