chapter 7

"Where have you been?!" Hunter asks.

"Why are you here? Wait... That's not important." I say,"I just lost track of time."

Hunter  shakes his head at me. "I think you know why I'm here. Im just surprised you showed up at all. I thought the whole thing with them coming back-" he pauses and cautiously continues,"and everything that happened with your brother."

"No hunter, I'm fine. I could just use a little time to clear my head. I think that going back to my schedule should help."

He runs his hands through his hair,"alright....but if you need anything ju-"

I cut him off before he could finish,"I'll be fine."

He nods his head and leaves.

I walk to the big like if books that need to be put away. I start to rush through them. I guess I lost of time that had passed.

"You need to leave, now."

I turn my head to find Logan and Courtney around me. I look over their shoulders and I see James pacing back and forth by the doorway."what's going on?" I ask as I put the last books back.

Logan looks back at James and then back at me,"oh, he is just mad because I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!" he shouts in Jame's detection.

He didn't seem to notice. He just keeps pacing back and fourth. He looks so stressed out."what's going on?!" I say, this time getting irritated.

Courtney pushes Logan off to the side. He stubbles backwards but catches himself before he falls. He throws his arms up in the air."not cool."

She starts to laugh while her face turns  a bright red color,"sorry Logan." She then turns to me and clears her throat,"look, we think that they know where we are. We need to leave sooner than we thought." She says,"we need to leave like right now."

She grabs my arm and rushes me in the detection of the door,"Courtney, let go of me!" I yell.

She doesn't listen to me she just keeps going towards the door. I feel a two hands wrap around my waste and pull me backwards. Courtney finally turns around and stops."Dude, James!!! You just stole my sister!"

He doesn't react to Courtney. His face is still emotionless. He keeps staring at Courtney until she awkwardly walks away with Logan. He is shaking his head at us.

"Thank you." I say quietly.

He doesn't say anything or do anything for a long time. He just stood there emotionless, the same lool that he had before. I know exactly what is bothering him.

"I'm going to be fine. Everything is going to work out. " I say quietly.

"I'm staying there with you." He said in a low voice.

"You can't. Things have obviously changed and I don't want you to get caught."

"I won't Alice!” he brushes a stand of hair out of my face,"you know me." I shut my eyes tight. I really don't want to leave him, but I have to. I have to do this, for everyone, for my brother. the thing is, I just am just petrified of losing him,"we should probably get going." I say.

His face his back to being emotionless. All he does is nod his head. He doesn't even look at me. I've never seen him like this. It Hurts me more than I expected. It hurts more than I ever knew possible. I didn't think someone else's emotions could do this to me.

"I'm just worried about you." He says,"you don't need to get upset."

I sigh,"I know I don't, but I'm going to anyways." I say,"how can I not? I just for you back and I'm losing you again."