chapter 4

"I can't believe you're here! ....I can't believe your alive!" I whisper.

"I got your note." James says.

"You did?" I whisper.

He pulls out a familiar white piece of paper from his pocket. Wait, he actually got it! That's almost impossible!

Then another thought occurred to me, where is everyone else? Not that I'm not happy just with being with James. I probably won't get that much time alone with him for a while, well i guess there is still a bunch of people staring at us still.  I just can't believe they are all here. I really missed them all. I just can't believe there okay!

I gasp. "Where is Erick and Megan?!?

He tenses. His eyes look around before he grabs my hands,"That's what I wanted to talk about. Um.. something happened." He says. I wait for him to continue,"Erick didn't make it back."

He's kidding right?His face looks so serous though. He had to be joking. Erick can't be dead!"That's not funny James!" I yell.

"I'm sorry Alice..... He is gone." James whispers.

He can't be dead! Not for real! How did this happened?!

"No.... No!!" I say. He can't be dead! Everyone is  finally back, and I was supposed to get my brother back to!

I see somebody covered up with a sheet out of the corner of my eye. It is the same shake as Ericks body. Of my god!

I try to run towards him, but James grabs me by my waste and straps me."Please! Let me go!" I scream

"This isn't going to help! Trust me Alice, this is only going to make it words."

Every thing is starting to spin. I start to fall, but James luckily still has me in his arms.This isn't happening. I got James back, but I lost Erick. I need to find out what happened.

**************************************

I must have passed out because I have no clue were I am or what happened. I hear Jame's voice "She's okay Courtney. I'll take care of her."

"She just saw our dead brother and passed out. No, wait she saw her supposed to be dead boyfriend and she got her hopes up that her brother would be alive!" Courtney whisper yells.

"Wait! What do you mean I was supposed to be dead?!" James asks.

Courtney sighs,"The day she found that note on the beach was the day of your funereal... Well everybody's but you get the point."

"Was she okay? Was she okay before that?"

"Um she didn't eat anything except a peach for like a month." She says.

He signs,"when I was carrying her I could feel her bones through her sweatshirt. Did you know it was this bad?"

"No. She always wears these baggy shirts."

I realize that I'm just wearing my tank top and my pair of shorts. It's pretty obvious that I'm really skinny when I just wear a team top. He can plainly see my bones. They must be really worried about me. I flutter my eyes open,"I'm fine." I say weakly.

Courtney motions towards the door,"I'm going to go do...... Things."

She leaves without saying anything else. She is so awkward sometimes. She is my sister, and I will always love her for that.

"What happened when you were gone?" I ask.

He runs his hands through his hair."do you really want to know?"