chapter 1

It's been four months since we lost them. It's been two months since they have been pronounced dead. Courtney has tried to talk me into realizing that they are dead, but no matter how many times she told me I refused to believe her, at first. Now I really don't know what to believe. I think it's time to except that they are dead.

Today is the day of the group funeral. This is being held by the water were they first left. Everyone here decided the water was the best place to say goodbye. Everyone In the town voted that it would be best if Courtney and I set it up. I was dating the captain and second in command was my brother, Erick. My sister is taking planning the funeral very hard, at least she has Jenny to help her with the seating arrangements.

I started to put up pictures of everyone who died. My eyes scan all of the printed faces until I come by his. I see Jame's smiling face and his dark eyes starting at me. I smile at the memories that we shared together. I place his picture in the center of all of the flowers.

I keep going through the pile of pictures, I find my brothers next. Be looks like me in a way. He always took care of Courtney and me when life was just falling apart. He was the best brother you could have. A tear escapes down the side of my face into the picture. I brush it off and set the picture next to Jame's.

I flip through the pile once more until I find Megan's. Truthfully, I didn't oblige her as well as I knew James. She always there for everyone. I'm going to miss her. I set hers on the other side of Jame's. There pictures go in order from rank, that way it would be easier to find loved ones.

I start to put up the others. Some of the faces I recognize, but the others I have never seen before. They must be from Megan's old boat. Megan's husband Logan is leaving in a few days so that means that the town will be less clustered with people. Good, less people to see me have a meltdown because I already know that it's coming.

My mind keeps going back to the day they all left. That was the first time James told me he loved me. I wish I would have stoped him from leaving! I wish I could have stoped all of them! Maybe if I stored him none of us would be here.

When the pictures are done I take a handful of rose pedals and sprinkle them around the chairs. I take a step back to look at the photos once more. They all look so peaceful. They all look frozen in time with big smiles on their faces.

I keep staring at the photos until Courtney wakes me from my thoughts,"it's starting in five minuets." She says.

I wipe my eyes and nod. She gives me a huge hug before leaving with Jenny to change into black clothes. Lucky for me I have been wearing all black since the day that they were pronounced dead.

"Well look who it is? How's the funeral planning going princess." Says a voice behind me.

I don't even have to look. I already know it's Mel. Mel has been tormenting me since the day they left.

"Don't call me princess. James is the only one who can call me that." I say while turning around.

I see her rolling her eyes,"whatever. When does this stupid thing start?" She asks.

How can she be so rude on a daddy like this!? Today is supposed to be full of kindness to everyone.

"In about five minuets." I say through my teeth.

"Good, that means you only have five minuets to get this disaster ready." She walks over to the pictures of James,Megan, and Erick and pushed them down. She then leave without saying a word.

I stare at the pictures on the ground covered in sand. If this were any other day I would have said something, done something anything,but this is not the right day for that.