Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A few weeks later.

Lucy walked into ChaseApp headquarters alongside Keisha for their callback interview with the brand. The duo had applied a week ago to model in a commercial much to the fact that one appearance costs so much more than the regular coffee shop attendant job they'd been doing secretly to help lift the burden a bit off their parents. 

Both girls gawked at the enormous elegance of wealth and class that littered the ground floor. There was so much professionalism in how the ladies who worked there walked and talked. They weren't dressed corporately. Some even wore shorts that went as far as the curve of their butts but their carriage is classy as hell. 

"Wow. Pinch me Keisha" Lucy said trying to get out of what she thinks could be a dream.

They'd researched the company ahead of their interview but the pictures didn't do the building justice. It looks so beautiful in physical than on paper and the internet.

"It's not a dream Lucy," Keisha replied as they walked over to the reception counter.

"Hi" Keisha greeted, almost intimidated by the perfect looking lady that received them.

"Welcome to Chase, How can I help you?" The lady asked.

"We are here for the interview"

The receptionist knew right away. She went through the computer in front of her to verify their names.

"Your interview is on the tenth floor. Ask for Dominic when you get there" the receptionist said after confirming their names on the list.

"Thank you," Keisha and Lucy said in unison as they walked away from the counter. Just then, a man rushes in and whisper something to someone and that person screams 'he's here!'. Within a split second the entire ground floor was silent, so silent that you can hear a pin drop. Keisha and Lucy while waiting for the elevator to arrive were wondering in confusion as regards what could be happening and almost immediately, Brian walks in im his almighty dashing aura.

"What the fuck?" Lucy drooled at the dashing young man that made his way into the building.

"Who do you think that is?" Keisha asked

"The owner. I can bet my life on that" Lucy said while still staring at Brian who made his way to his private elevator.

"He's definitely the owner" Keisha confirmed.

Brian halts on his tracks and abruptly looks back at the girls who immediately stop talking.

They are standing far from each other but because everywhere is silent, Brian could hear their murmur that sounded more like a snake hissing than humans silently talking.  He proceeded into the elevator and as soon as the double doors glided close, both girls burst out laughing.

"That was so intense"

"No wonder his face has never been on the internet. He's definitely a big problem in real life." Keisha said.

"A big problem I intend to solve"

Keisha pulled Lucy into the elevator after noticing she's still in the trance of Mr big problem's entry.

****

When they arrived on the tenth floor, Lucy and Keisha couldn't help but notice other applicants who looked nothing like the two of them. They all wore dresses that either has a deep v plunging neckline, very short or too tight. In fact, Lucy feared they might be struggling to breathe. Although they looked professional, Lucy wished she'd listen to her instincts to wear a sexy gown rather than the can't trouser and chiffon top she has on.

"If we don't get this job, I'll blame you," Lucy said

"How?"

"Just look at how we're dressed. You were all 'let's look decent'. Does this look like any form of decency to you?" Lucy stylishly pointed at the girls.

"Can I have your attention ladies! Dominic said as he walked out of his office into the casting hall.

" Please be on a queue and head to the pretty lady one there for your NDA's. After signing, you'll head over to that table.." Points at another table "for your scripts. You'll be given twenty minutes to get your lines and then we begin the audition. Most of you got a call because you sent pretty pictures to the casting mail but beauty alone doesn't make the cut. What we need most is a new aura so good luck"

After getting their scripts, Lucy and Keisha who are both number eighteen and nineteen respectively stood by the corner and rehearsed their lines, pointing out each other's flaws and how to act it out better.

A girl who had just finished auditioning steps out of the audition room into the casting hall. Lucy, Keisha and three other girls walked up to her.

"How did it go?" Lucy asked as they surround her.

"I was told to wait behind," the girl said blushing.

"Did they ask you any question?" One of the girls asked

"No... You just go in and do your thing." She replied while still blushing.

"Are the judges mean?" Lucy asked

"Just the president" on that note, the girl walks out of their midst.

"Do you think Mr big problem is going to remember us and then shoo us out because of before?"

Lucy's not paying attention. In her head, she'd thought, planned and executed how she's going to make the president notice her and fall for her. Keisha had to tap her on her shoulder to jolt her back to reality.

"What were you thinking?" Keisha asked.

"Nothing" Lucy hurriedly dismissed with a smile.

"Number 18!" Someone called and Lucy answered.

Lucy entered the room high spirited and it somehow went low because she didn't see the president seated instead.

She delivered her performance and was told to wait behind for the final casting.

She came out of the room and headed towards Keisha who noticed her sulking expression.

"How'd it go?" Keisha curiously asked.

Lucy hesitated before replying "I was told to wait behind"

"Why do you look like it's bad news?"

"The President was not seated" Lucy confessed shamelessly and Keisha couldn't control the sudden laugh that escaped her mouth.

"Number 19!"

Keisha hurried into the room before she could reply to Lucy.