19

Jasmine

I sit on my couch, my legs crossed. I watch Travis change a light bulb. It didn't need to be changed, but there's no need to tell him that.

He has a nice ass.

He told me he loved me.

"Did you mean it?"

He glanced back at me, his hair getting in his eyes. He brushes it back, screwing the light bulb in. He sighs, wiping his hands with a rag.

"Need anything else done? Real handy yknow? Good with my hands. Been bored since Roman went home."

I lick my lips.

"The offer to kill Lorenzo still stands by the way," he smiles.

I shake my head. "I don't think anything's broken."

"I'll throw some dishes in the wash for you."

"What about your own house? Or your shop?" I ask,
"Don't you have things to fix there?"

"Well you're not there. You're here. So I'm here for now. That okay?" He sighed asks, picking up his tool box.

"Hot piece of ass, fixing shit. Start of a old porn. I don't mind. Just wondering how long you'll avoid me asking if you love me?"

He sighs. "Why do you keep harping on that, Miss?"

"I wanna know. And the more avoid the question, the more I'll keep asking it." I take a sip of my wine.

He clenched his jaw, taking off his shirt.

"Are you going to distract me with sex?"

"No. I'm getting agitated, and when I'm agitated I get hot. Not horny, just like...hot yknow?"

I raise my brow. "Well, you know the Bible says be wrathful but do not sin,"

"Why are you tellin me that?"

"To remind you. I'll still kill you, so keep your anger under control."

He looked back at me with a scoff. "It's me. The most I'll do is...leave."

I nod but watch him carefully. His muscles work as he stretches, looking around the house for something to fix.

He needs to fix his fucking attitude.

"So handy work is your coping mechanism?" I remark, watching him pick up the other end of the couch in sitting on, screwing the leg in tighter.

He sighs, looking at me before rolling his eyes. "You something Miss? You're a real piece of work sometimes."

I scoff. "Piece of work? You could just answer my question."

He lets the chair fall back in place, narrowing his eyes. "I really wish you'd drop it, Jasmine."

"Oh," I purse my lips. "I'm Jasmine now. You must be pretty upset."

I kinda like that. That look he's making. I let my hand ghost my inner though. Yep. Still there. It's fun though. This expression he's making.

"Well. I wouldn't say upset. But this is getting pretty annoying, Miss. Just let it go, yeah?"

And I would. But then I wouldn't be able to make his muscles flex that that. He's really laid back. A very nice guy.

This is kinda interesting. Besides I do want an answer to my question. It's important.

"Are you falling in love. Travis?" I tease.

He glared at me, forcing a smile. His eye twitches. "You having fun huh?"

I shrug. "A little. You're hot when your angry."

He shoots me a look.  "Drop it, Jasmine. Now, I am going to go. Because I get feeling you're a little too much fun torturing me."

I lick my lips. "You don't have to go. Stay. Stay the night, baby."

"Oh? I'm baby now? Yknow if you wanna see me so upset, we can just watch football. Confusing the shit outta me. And I don't appreciate being confused."

I smirk, opening my legs. "You're leaving? Before you even have sex?"

He sighs, standing. He stands in front of me, putting his hand on my head.

"Stop trying to piss me off, okay." He kisses my forehead.

I pull him by his collar keeping his steady. "Do you love me, Travis."

He sucks his teeth, pushing away from me. "What do you want me to say huh?!"

I fly back.

He turns around, with a sigh. "What do you want me to say?! That I love you? That I don't? What will do? If I say that I love you? Cause it looks like you'll fucking ghost me, from where I'm standin'."

I swallow roughly, smirking. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He frowns. "Yeah. Yeah, Jasmine. I'm pretty sure I do love you. So...do what you want with that."

I stare at his back as he puts his shirt back on.

"Where are you going? Besides it's been like a month, so it's not—"

"I know. I know how long it's been. Why do you think I keep avoiding the question? It's not normal! I don't expect you to love me. I don't even expect you acknowledge. I wanted to ignore it."

I shift in my seat.

"Okay. Okay. I won't bother you anymore," I nudge. "Come on. Just sit down."

He looks down at me with a blank face. "I think I should go home."

I reach out, grabbing his hand. "Come on, don't leave. I'm sorry I...I just wanted to know. Come on sit down."

He looks away, flopping down next to me. I rub his thigh, kissing him gently.

Travis kisses my head, smiling softly. "I've really gotta get home. Take care of yourself okay?"

I watch him leave, sipping my red wine. I take a gulp, quickly refilling.