𝐼𝒱

LATER IN THE DAY, a group of friends was making their way towards the university's sports complex. Alexander droned on about how he found the gym classes completely useless and Anna wholeheartedly agreed. Even though she loved running and chose track, she still found the class quite useless.

As they walked inside, she checked the time on her phone. They still had twenty minutes before class started so they opted for checking out the coffee machine in the hallway. After grabbing their drinks, they sat down on a bench next to the girls locker room.

"This is disgusting" said Laura, taking a sip of the coffee. Anna eyed her cup suspiciously before taking a sip and grimacing. The liquid resembled some sort of watered down thing that definitely wasn't coffee, but as disgusting as it was, she decided to endure the taste, just for the sake of getting her dose of caffeine.

"Do you think he will make us work for it today? I feel too lazy to move" asked Alexander, making the girls laugh.

"You're always too lazy to move" retorted Laura and the boy shrugged.

"Can't disagree with that."

They bickered for a while, and Anna got lost in thought, tuning their banter out.

"Hi guys, sorry to bother you. Do you know where coach Mazur's class is?" Asked a bell-like voice. The friends turned their heads to see a grinning short-haired girl.

"Yeah, we're actually waiting for it. It starts in fifteen minutes though, we should get ready." Replied Laura with a sigh and stood up.

Anna and Alexander took their time, neither feeling ready for an intense workout.

She slushed the rest of the cold liquid around in the cup before drinking it in one gulp and setting the cup on the bench. Alexander grabbed the cup before throwing it, trying to make it into the trash can. The cup bounced off the edge of the can and fell to the floor. The goth looked at her friend, amused.
"Idiot" she snorted, giving her friend a teasing smile, earning a playful shove from the black-haired boy.

"Takes one to know one."

                   ♱                         

They made their way inside and Alexander waved the girls goodbye, walking towards the boys' changing room.

The room was almost empty, save for one other girl from their P.E. class. They grabbed their clothes from their bags before stuffing the bags into the lockers. Alice deliberately chose a locker next to Anna's, and as stalkerish as it was, being close to her mate made her happy. When she changed and turned around, Laura was already stretching and Anna was standing with her back against the locker, typing on her phone. Alice assessed the girl's outfit. She had to admit, she looked great in her black pair of sweats and matching spaghetti strap top, which she tucked inside.

"Ready?" She asked with a smile. Anna returned the smile with a nod and grabbed a water bottle from her bag, before closing the locker, sliding a small lock through the hole and locking it with the small, silver key provided by the school. Alice copied her actions and followed the girls to the field.

They sat down on the ground, waiting for the class to start. Alexander joined them a few minutes after they entered, sitting down and looking at Laura with a grin.