𝒳𝒱𝐼

AS PROMISED, Alice was waiting by the gray faculty building the next morning, impatiently looking around from time to time as she held a conversation with her siblings

Her expression visibly lit up when she noticed Anna's car pull up to the parking lot and she was by the car before the brunette could even lock the door.

"Hi darling."
Her arms wove around Anna tightly before the pixie loosened her grip and stepped away. Her eyes, still a warm gold from last night's hunt, almost seemed to shine as they focused on Anna's face.

"Did you sleep well?"

"As if you don't know. But I slept a full seven hours today so I think I'm alright."

"I don't think waking up four times during the night counts as sleeping well."

Anna sighed.
"And there's your answer. But stress does that to you- and I've had enough of it to last me a good while."
She decided not to mention the two cold showers and copious amounts of caffeine it took for her to feel remotely alive this morning.

"How was your night? I'm sure it was more interesting- sleep problems don't apply to you."

"Well, I have a rather hard time falling asleep in general." Alice grinned. "But I didn't do much. Mostly worked on my projects. Oh, and I finished a dress for Rosalie." Not only that, she had also started sewing a black, corset-like top, but that was something she would keep to herself- at least for the time being.

Anna chuckled at the little inside joke, swinging the back door of her car wide open. "I honestly wish I didn't need sleep to function."

Alice grinned as Anna grabbed a folder from the backseat before slamming her car door with a little too much force.
"Not a morning person?"

"Absolutely not."

"My siblings are waiting for you. Rosalie wants to talk."

Another sigh left Anna's lips. She wasn't a hundred percent certain what Rosalie wanted to talk to her about -but she had a good guess, and, if she was correct, she wished to get the talk over with as soon as possible.
"Guess we should get going."

They walked up the stairs, heading towards the other Cullen siblings, who turned to look their way as soon as they started ascending.

She was met with various expressions from the group- Edward and Jasper's faces were stoic, calculating, as if trying to predict her next move. Emmett's face, on the other hand, was stretched in the biggest grin imaginable.

She couldn't help but notice that the aforementioned vampire was missing from the group awaiting them at the university entrance.

"How's your hand?" Alice inquired, her fingers running over Anna's arm in a gentle caress, effectively bringing her focus back to the golden-eyed girl.