Let's Try Again

"Kakashi, stop it! We're going to be late." Mizuki whined.

Her infuriating boyfriend chuckled at her annoyance. "We won't be late."

"Well, I would still like to get there as soon as possible." Mizuki grumbled while making a second attempt at untangling herself from Kakashi's grabby hands. Much to her frustration, Kakashi's arm was latched firmly around her waist, pinning her backside to his chest.

"What's the rush, Mizu? Maybe we can stay in Konoha instead." Kakashi murmured, pressing his lips to the junction between her neck and shoulder. Mizuki, much to her own dismay, let out a moan when Kakashi started sucking on her sensitive spot.

It took her a few minutes to really break herself out of the fog that his lips created. She vehemently shook her head and ripped herself out of his arms.

"No! You promised we would have a nice vacation when we both had our work stuff sorted." Kakashi closed his eyes and sighed when his attractive girlfriend walked into their shared walk-in closet and out of his sight.

They were supposed to leave for their week-long vacation today but there was no real rush. They didn't have to check in or anything, everything was there waiting for them. He had rented them a cozy cottage near a pristine lake, South of the sunflower village. This would give them the option to spend some private time together or explore the attractions that the village had to offer since it wasn't too far a trek.

This morning he had woken up and was floored by the beauty that slept soundly beside him. Her soft skin glowed under the warm sunlight and her messy hair sprawled out on the bed. Her soft hand on his chest twitched slightly from whatever she was dreaming of. He couldn't stop himself and rolled on top of her, peppering kisses on every inch of exposed skin he could get his lips on.

Their relationship had developed so nicely since the fateful moment she made a full recovery. It was a slow build up, he had several personal issues that created barriers but with her support he made slow and steady progress to fully accepting their relationship. The blooming intimacy in their relationship was a welcomed one. It felt heavenly to finally receive the affection that he didn't know he was so starved of previously.

Kakashi rubbed his hands on his face and got up off the bed. He stepped into their closet just as she pulled a nice blue sundress over her head. The brief glimpse of her curves made his mouth water. When she turned around he grinned at her but he was met with a disapproving shake of her head.

"Get your head out of the gutters, you dirty dog." Mizuki playfully scowled. She pecked his cheek before walking out of the closet with a grin. As much as she would love to spend more time in bed with him, she also really wanted to leave for their vacation. The last few months had been hectic for the both of them so they rarely saw each other.

Trusting that Kakashi was going to get dressed and ready for the day, she went to the kitchen to cook breakfast. As she set the plates of omurice on the dinner table, Kakashi stepped out from their room fully dressed. Kakashi took a seat as Mizuki returned with two steaming cups of green tea.

Kakashi took it from her outstretched hand and inhaled the relaxing aroma. "Thank you."

He placed his cup down and reached for her hand across the table before eating his breakfast. They ate their breakfast in companionable silence for the first first minutes before he broke the silence with a question. "Eager to go somewhere?" He teased, noticing how her plate of food was almost gone while his plate was only half done.

Mizuki blushed sheepishly, wiping her face with a napkin. "You already know the answer, do you really have to ask?"

Kakashi smiled. "Do you have everything packed?"