12

"What are we waiting for?" Jon cried, desperate.

Dick called every member of the Bat-Family. They rushed to Smalltown at once, wearing their suits. Even Alfred came.

"Patience, Jonno," Dick patted him on his head, "patience."

"Alright, what do we know?" Jason put his hands on the table they were all gathered around.

"Right," Dick opened up a map, "Freeze doesn't have any known hideouts, and most of them are scattered around the world. As Dami was kidnapped in Smalltown, it's safe to assume that he's hiding in one of his hideouts in Smalltown or somewhere close."

Tim took out a red pen and circled a few points, "These are the hideouts in Smalltown. There's only 3."

"Good," Bruce interjected, already dressed up as Batman, "we'll be split into groups. As always, Alfred will be managing the comms. Jason and Stephanie will hit the hideout down south. Tim and I will go to the one on the farms. Dick and Jon will check out the one next to the lake. Radio Alfred as soon as you find someone or clues."

Without a word, the family split up, in hopes of finding Damian. 

~*~

"Spoiler and Red Hood, report," Alfred said.

"Nothing here," Stephanie's voice came from the comms, "looks like nobody's been here for a while."

"Batman and Red Robin, report," Alfred repeated.

"Nothing here either," Batman simply said.

"Superboy and Nightwing, it's all up to you know," the butler stated gravely, "find our boy."

~*~

Nightwing and Superboy arrived at the hideout. It was actually Mr. Freeze's house he had in Smalltown. The grey house loomed over the two heroes. Superboy shivered in fear and because the place was icy cold, even on the outside.

"Cold eh?" Nightwing put his hand on Superboy's shoulder, "That's a good sign. Freeze has been here."

Together they walked in. It took Superboy about a second to crash open the door. A gust of cold air wooshed up, making them shiver once more.

The heroes split up, searching up and down. The house was mostly bare, with empty flowerpots or shriveled up plants. As they met back in the living room, Superboy said, "It looks like nobody lives here."

Nightwing looked at Superboy, "Don't lose hope, Jonno. In Gotham City, Freeze used his original home as his base as well, but he normally did his criminal business in the basement."

Superboy looked around, "Does this place have a basement?"

Nightwing shrugged, "Let's find out."

Again, they searched the place high and low, but they found no door leading to a basement. Eventually, Nightwing looked at Superboy sadly and said, "I'll radio Alfred."

Superboy nodded, defeated.

When Nightwing opened his mouth to radio Alfred, Superboy's ears picked something up. It sounded like... talking.

Motioning for Nightwing to stay quiet, Superboy pressed his ear against the floor. His suspicion was right - there were voices down there. 

"Time to go," Superboy heard a voice say. It had to be Mr. Freeze. Raising his fist, Superboy punched a hole in the floor, and Nightwing and Superboy fell.