Prologue

12 year old Vicky stood beside her dad as she looked at the graves of her sister and mother. "It's time to go, Vicky."

"Daddy, I made a promise just now to mom and Kelly." She tells him as they walked away together.

"What would that be?" He asked.

"I promised to take care of you and be just like you." She replies with a smile. "I want to follow you in your footsteps."

Jethro smiled as he kissed his daughter's head. "It's just the two of us now." He replies. "I guess I can start showing you what I know."
~~~
20 years later and a beautiful curly red head walked into the NCIS building. Looking at her visitor pass, Vicky was more than happy to see her father. She made sure to grab his coffee and lunch since she knows he hardly eats unless force to. "Hello, beautiful." A handsome man said making the dark haired girl roll her eyes.

"Do you need help." Another agent asked.

"Actually I brought this for my dad." She replies and looked at the man again. "Thanks for the compliment, but I prefer to go by Victoria Gibbs."

"Vicky?" She turned and showed his coffee and lunch. "I see you brought food and coffee." He said as he kissed her head. "Thank you."

"I also came here to tell you that I am part of your team." She replies.

Tony watched Gibbs hug the red head and turned her around to meet Tony. "Vicky, I want you to meet your partner, Anthony Dinozzo, but he likes to go by Tony." She nodded. "Tony, this is my daughter. She will be your partner here on out. So take good care of her."

"Yes sir." He replied as he watch Gibbs walk away with Vicky. "Daughter?" He mumbled as he watched. "Wait up."