5: Physical

(Y/n) pov:

I went to bed after Endeavor criticized me on my ability to do my job, which I do an amazing job at. 'I hoped the following day is much better than the ending of this one.' Was the last thought I had before falling asleep.

The following morning I woke up to see a glass of water on my bedside table. It was still early in the morning and Hawks wasn't awake yet. I got up and took my water to the kitchen to start making breakfast for myself and maybe Hawks if he wakes up from the smell of food.

I turned on the kitchen light and dug around in his pantry to find what I could make. I decided on pancakes when my eyes landed on the box. 'This will do,' I thought as I began to make the batter. It didn't take long for me to start cooking and for the penthouse to start smelling my pancakes.

Hawks came shuffling out of his room with a big yawn and bed head. He must have woken up for the food cause he went right to my side still half asleep. He reached under his shirt to scratch his chest and gave another big yawn. This caused his shirt to pull up with his arm which showed off his well defined muscles. I blushed and turned my head away, looking back down at the pancakes.

"If I could wake up to you pretty bird every morning, that would be a dream come true," Hawks flirted and smiled at me. I playfully glared at him as he continued.

"And breakfast, oh god has delivered me an angel," he said as he playfully swooned.

"If you want this every morning what do I get in return?" I asked, smirking at him. Hawks grinned and trapped me between his arms and the counter, then leaned in close to my ear to whisper.

"I'll give you whatever you wish for, pretty bird" he said in a heavy voice. I blushed darkly and tried to turn away from him. He chuckled and took his plate of pancakes, then left to sit at the table, leaving me in my flustered mess. I finished making the rest of the pancakes, then joined Hawks at the table once I got my blush under control.

"Before the formal dinner tonight my boss and company wants to give you a physical. Every company does it for heros outside the country." He spoke up sounding not so thrilled about that idea. I nodded as I took a bite of my food thinking it was for health reasons.

After breakfast Hawks cleaned up as I went to put on my hero costume. He was going to bring me down to where his agency wants me for the exam.

My hero costume was similar to Hawks just with a heavier jacket, a plain black long sleeve shirt, and black heavy snow pants. A costume built for the cold.

Once done getting ready I stepped out of my room, and headed down the stairs to see Hawks putting on his jacket.

"Ready to fly?" he asked as he opened his balcony door. I nodded and walked up to him.

"If I knew where this place was I would say keep up, but I don't." I said jokingly.

Hawks chuckled and said "isn't that supposed to be my line," he grinned.

"Not if you can't back it up," I laughed and jumped off the balcony flying away. I heard him laugh and the beat of his wings as he chased after me. He caught up quickly then took the lead. It was only a ten minute flight to the gym his agency uses to train new heros. Hawks became very tense while walking me through the building.

"Hawks where is the girl?" a woman said with slight irritation in her voice.

"She's right here boss," he said, stepping aside to show I was just behind him.

"Good follow me," his boss said then turned around and started to walk down the hall. Before I was able to pass Hawks he grabbed my arm.

"Please be careful," he whispered to me with slight concern. I bit my lip and nodded, then jogged to catch up with his boss.

"We are going to give you a health check up then a quirk physical check before sending you to the dinner. We expect you to be in top form, and we want nothing less. We want strong and you will deliver us strong." She said not even looking at me. She opens a door that leads to what looks like a doctor's room.

"You will wait here for our doctor, do not leave," the boss said as I entered then she closed the door behind me.

'She is interesting,' I thought as I sat down.

(Meanwhile with Hawks)
Hawks POV:

"She doesn't know anything does she?" My boss asked me. I shook my head no.

"Her company never told her why the agency is buying her and also never told her that our agency is buying her. She is completely in the dark. Most likely she would not comply otherwise, You know how North America is with the... you know." I said leaning back against the wall.

"Well you got a week to tell her before me and the agency does when the deal is settled." My boss said and stormed away. I let out a sigh and rubbed the back of my neck.

(Back to (y/n))
(Y/n) POV:

The doctors came in looking at their clipboard.

"Okay (y/n) we are gonna do a health check up then you'll deminstate your quirks ability," the lead doctor said as they stepped up to me and started. They checked my vitals, my wings, and my reflexes. Which all took about an hour, before I had the chance to leave I had to pluck a decent size feather and give it to them for some reason. It hurt like hell but I wanted to leave so I did it anyway.

After they escorted me back to where Hawks was located. He looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back as he led me out of the building.

"Ready to get all dressed up for our dinner," Hawks said as he spread his wings to take off.

"I am but can we walk back to your penthouse?" I asked, holding my wing that I plucked the feather from.

"What??" He stopped midstance all confused.