6: getting ready

(Y/n) pov:

"Can we walk back," I restated.

"Why are you hurt!?" he said with light panic as he grabbed my forearms.
"Where did they hurt you!?" Hawks continued to panic.

"I'm not hurt, Hawks, I'm fine, I just had to pluck a few of my big feathers out for their record," I said while I spread open my wing to show the gap between the big feathers.
"I can't really fly well without them."

Hawks nodded and felt along the side of one big feather where a gap was. I shivered at his touch and tucked my wing back. He snapped out of his small daze and smiled.

"Let's head home," Hawks said before strutting out of the building. I rolled my eyes and walked beside him. As we walked we kept on getting stopped by his fans, and lovestruck females.

"Hawks! Hawks! Hawks over here!" all the girls yelled. I rolled my eyes to announce which Hawks might have seen because he told his fans that he was very busy right now. He grabbed my hands and told me to hold on tight, as he took off into the sky.

"Hey! why didn't you do this before!?" I yelled up at him as he laughed.

"I thought a walk with you would be nice," Hawks answered with his famous smirk plastered on his face. I laughed and held on tight to his arms. In no time we were back at his penthouse landing on the balcony.

"Go hop into the shower to get ready I'll grab the dress my bosses want you to wear," Hawks said as he opened the door for me. I nodded and thanked him before heading up to the upstairs shower.

Without hesitation I stripped my clothes off and hopped into the warm shower the minute I got into the bathroom. I sighed as the water flowed over my wings and back. I stayed there until the room filled with steam, and only got out when the water ran cold. It was nice to have a shower like that after people poked, pulled, and examined you for a few hours.

I towel dried my hair and wrapped a towel loosely around my body and under my wings. I shuffled my way back to my room, to find Hawks standing at the edge of my bed with a dress in his hands. 

"Hawks!?" I yelped in surprise as a dark red blush littered my cheeks. He turns around startled and his face turns red at the sight of me in just a towel.

"Oh sorry pretty bird I'll let you get changed," he said quickly and left the room just as fast. 'God he's trying to make me as red as his wings.' I thought as I closed the door behind me.

I looked over at the dress and picked it up, it was a beautiful white slim dress with an open back. It also had sequences along the bottom to make it look icey. I dropped the towel from around my body and got the dress on. To my surprise it was more comfortable than it looked.

Once done I left my room to see Hawks standing in the living room fiddling with his suit. I chuckled and walked over to him and fixed his messed up collar.

"Well don't you look handsome, mister," I say, stepping in front of him. Hawks look down at me and blushes.

"I..You..You..You," he stammers trying to form a sentence.

"You are at a loss for words," I smile and step back.

"I..Ehm, you look beautiful," he finally said after clearing his throat.

"Shall we?" he asked while offering me his arm to take. I wrapped my arm around his and nodded. We headed down the building and out the front door where a limo was waiting for us.

"I hope you don't mind sharing a limo with Endeavor '' he said, rubbing the back of his neck.