23

Dear Abd/Amat,
There are times when you yearn for love. You badly want to be told you're loved, to be reassured, to be held. And if you're someone who isn't used to receiving such support, you keep looking for it, searching for that one person who will make you feel worthy, and special. Mind you, this doesn't necessarily, mean a member of the opposite gender. It may be a friend, or relative etc.
And if you don't have that, you have that voice in your head telling you that no one loves you, that no one cares about you.
But you're forgetting something. You're forgetting that Allah is Al Wadud, The Most Loving. He loves you more than anyone can ever love you. And you don't have to keep searching for His love, it's already there, He's always been there to love you, always there to hold you, to keep you firm, to remove any harm that may befall you, all this without you realising any of it. And if you're looking for words of reassurance, words that will make you feel peace, words that will make you feel worthy, then you have His book. The Qur'an. Surely there are no words better than that.
So whenever that voice I'm your head tells you that no one loves you, remind yourself that you have Allah, who is Al Wadud.

As Always,
Nana-Khadijah.