Chapter 37.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Romelle took her chance as everyone was distracted with the battle and trying to keep themselves as they fought one another. 

Jumping from her spot, only one of her blades were held in her hand as she swung it straight down at Tavo head who was hiding in the centre of a group of solders that stood ready to protect him. 

She thought she had an opening as they all forgot over attacks from above but Keith didn't, he met her blade with both of his own. Meeting with Romelle glare as she used the force of the blades joining to leap back. Landing in one of the open areas close to the edge as Keith made his threw and stood opposite her, a small distance between them as Keith offered the challenge to fight him one on one. 

"Lieutenant General Tavo, please do not move from there" Keith scoffed out as he held his Sabre and main gauche dagger in his hands, standing still but waiting for Romelle next strike. 

A small platoon soldiers huddling around Tavo with wooden shields all stepping around their leader to protect him. Antok and Regris unhappily standing with the shield bubble as the last defence but both would rather be out in the battle helping their comrades instead of babysitting the whimpering Lieutenant general between them. They would clearly complain to Keith later over this, it was clearly a fate worse then death in their eyes.

"We have yet to meet but it matters not to me as you're blood with stain my blade soon enough" Romelle huffed out as she lifted one of her twin Dao sword, aiming it to Keith accepting his challenge.

"I won't lie, I feel lucky for this opportunity, chieftain of the Sinack. I'm warrant Officer Keith Solork of the army and I will gladly assure you, that I will be walking away from our battle ends. You are not the one I have to hold my fate and you're not one I will fear if my life truly begins in danger" Keith replied calmly, a slight smirk on his lips as he aimed his Sabre towards Romelle while Antok and Regris just rolled their eyes. 

"Keith" Red muttered as she popped up from the spirt pouch on Keith belt as her master forget to introduce her too if this was a formal greeting.

"My bad my friend, My partner is the fire spirit Red" Keith mumbled as Red gave a respectable head bow towards Romelle before popping back inside her pouch. 

"I am Romelle Colony, the chieftain of the Sinack. My Hahashiku is Romello of the Wind. I'll keep you're name but I will never try to remember you're rank" Romelle proudly spoke back as she kept her Dao sword aimed towards Keith and stood with honour.

"Meh, That's fine. I don't plan to be a soldier forever anyway" Keith mumbled back with a shrug making Antok run a hand down his face while Regris stood wondering if this how all sword fights go.

"All you need to remember is how my blades feel as you take you're last breath" Keith smirked as he got into a fighting stance, rather looking forward to the coming fight. 

"Shut up!" Romelle screamed as she started running towards Keith, anger and rage covering her face, her free hand pulling out her second twin Dao sword making her hold both as she swung them to Keith who hopped out the way. 

Keith stayed on defence, watching as Romelle danced with her twin swords. Jumping in the sky and using the twin swords to balance herself in the air and swing around one of them while using the other to try and strike him down with. She moved quick even with her long body and her legs knew how to knock a person balance when needed.