1

"In order to get what you want in life, you have to fight for it."

"Fight?"

~~~~~~~~

Screaming.

That was the first thing I remember from that day. My mothers screams bounced off of the walls, echoing through the house. I slowly climbed out of bed and crept down the steps, knife in hand.

Fight.

"M-Mom?" I called.

A group of people in cloaks and masks stood in my living room. My mom laid dead on the floor.

"Did you do this?"

One of the people looked at me. "It's just a kid," a woman voice said.

"Just leave him. Lord Danzo only wanted us to take out the mother."

"You did this," I mumbled as I slowly walked towards them. I tried to attack, but I was thrown to the side like a ragdoll, and the group of people left. I was alone after that. I spent all of my time traveling and training-

~~~

"Shinori!"

"Huh?"

I sighed and looked at him through the bars of his cell. "Are you okay? Have you been eating?"

"It's nice to know you care about me."

I didn't say anything to that, I just stared at him for a moment. "Naru told me you aren't cooperating."

"I refuse to tell anyone anything unless it's you."

"I dont have the time for that. Cooperate or I won't visit you anymore."

"Will you really be able to stay away from me?"

"Easily," I said.

He sighed. "Fine. Anything for you."

"Good. If you cooperate, I might be able to convince Naru to move you out of this shitty cell."

"How kind," he said dryly. "How's the baby?"

"Fine," I said before putting my hand on my stomach. "It's only been two months, so I'm not showing or anything. Just cravings and morning sickness."

He paused. "Is the Uchiha taking care of you?"

"He doesn't know yet."

"Why haven't you told him? Is it because of the pink-haired kunoichi?"

I didn't respond.

"If I were him, I wouldn't have even looked in another girl's direction."

I shrugged.

"I brought you a muffin," I said before tossing it to him. "I made them for breakfast, and had a few extra."

"Thank you."

"I'm gonna go to work now, bye."

"I love you, ___," he said. I glanced at him for a moment, before walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

While I was in the middle of sorting papers, I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I smiled.

"Hey, Sasuke."

"Good morning, beautiful," he mumbled before kissing my head.

"So," I paused. "Have you and Sakura worked everything out?"

Sasuke sighed. "I don't even wanna talk about that right now. The Dobe gave us the divorce papers, but she hasn't signed them yet."

"Oh," I said, then I went back to sorting.

"Where is Naruto anyway?"

"He went to get breakfast."

"Hn, and left you alone with the work?"

"Well, it is my job to sort and stuff."

"How about a break?" Sasuke said before lifting me up and setting me on Naruto's desk.

"Awh noo," I whined. "There are so many papers."

Sasuke chuckled before he pressed his lips against mine. I happily kissed back, and after a few moments, I pulled away.

"That's all you get, Mr. Uchiha."

"That's alright, Future Ms. Uchiha."

I smiled and hopped off of the desk.

"Oh, I just remembered. Sarada wants to spend some time with you, and train."

I nodded. "Sounds fun. I'll talk to Konohomaru."

There was a moment of silence. "Sasuke, I-"

"Teme!" Naruto exclaimed as he walked into the office. "What are you doing here?"

"Just talking with ____."

"Good morning, again (N/N)! I brought the food you requested."

"You're eating a second breakfast?" Sasuke asked with a slightly amused smile.

"Yes, shut up."

Naruto laughed. "She's been eating a bunch lately!"

"Shhhh so have you."

"Hey!"

I laughed. "Okay okay, Lord seventh, you have shit to do," I said before dropping a large stack of paper on his desk. He sighed. "Yea yea."

"I'm gonna go try to talk with Sakura again," Sasuke said.

"She still isn't cooperating, teme?"

Sasuke shook his head. "She won't even talk to me," he said with a sigh before leaving the office. I plopped down on a chair next to Naruto's desk and grabbed a pen. "Let's get to work."