Part two

I was sitting on my couch, reading a book when there was a knock on the door. I stood up and set my book down, before opening the door.

"Oh. It's you!" The green-haired boy and I said simultaneously.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He smiled. "My name is Izuku Midoriya! King Shoto's right-hand man, and or of his advisors, and you've been personally invited, by him and myself, to come to the castle for two weeks, and get a chance to become the king's bride!"

"Wait, the king personally invited me? And so did you?"

"Yup! You are ____, right?"

"Well, yea but-"

"Great! The king asked for you specifically this time around. I guess he really wants to get to know you. Plus, even though we barely talked when we met before, I thought you were a really sweet person."

"Woah Woah Woah. Slow down, please."

"Oh, sorry," he said with a small blush.

I smiled. "Would you like to come in? I could make some tea if you'd like. I have a small cake we could share too."

He smiled. "Sure! That sounds nice."

I opened the door wider for him to come inside and closed the door. Then, I walked into the kitchen and put a kettle of water on the fire and sliced up the small pound cake I had. After the kettle started to screech, I poured the water an the tea into two tea cups and carried them to the kitchen table.

"Thank you," Izuku said. "You're very kind. Other girls dont bother to show me any kindness unless I can get them into the kingdom, or they throw themselves at me so I would pick them."

I giggled and sat across from him. "Yea, that sounds like most women. I guess they'd be desperate to marry a king."

"Why do you think that?"

I paused and sipped my tea. "Money, status, fame. Most women would give up anything or those things."

"And you wouldn't?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I wouldn't mind it, but," I paused. "That stuff isn't everything. It's dumb for them to throw themselves at the king when they dont even know who he really is, and vice versa. Besides, this village isn't so bad. I'm not well-liked, but I make the best out of everything."

Izuku stared at me. I chuckled and nervously sipped my tea. "I said to much, didn't I?" I said. "Sorry. I tend to ramble."

"No, it's fine! I tend to ramble too," he said with a smile. "It's nice that you look on the bright side of things. It's like then the more we talk, the more I think you're someone worthy of the king."

"Oh... right. Could you explain this... game?"

He laughed. "It isn't a game."

"Well, I'm not sure what else to call it."

He smiled and ate a piece of cake.

"Well, we select 8-10 women to stay at the palace for two weeks. During that time, you'll get acquainted with the king and get to go on dates, and overall just get to know him. At the end of the two weeks, there's gonna be a party to say who he chose. If he doesn't choose anyone, then all the girls just get sent home, with a small payment of gratitude, of course."

"I see," I said. "why do you want me? How does the king even know about me-"

"Well, I'm not sure how he knows you, but I thought you should get a chance to know him. We haven't talked much that day, but you seemed really sweet and you're really pretty so," he trailed off, his face exploded in heat, turning his cheeks a bright red. "W-Wait not that I- I mean you are but-"

I put my hand over my mouth and giggled. "I get it," I said. "Thank you for thinking of me, but I dont think I'm the best person for this. Maybe you could choose someone else?"

"Well, there will be other ladies there, but," he paused. "This is a bit selfish of me, but I'm interested in you. I want to know you more. If you're the kind of person I think you are, then you'd be a perfect wife for Shoto! I mean- the king."

"I guess it wouldn't hurt," I mumbled while crossing my arms under my boobs.

Izuku started blushing again and looking around the room. "G-great! I'll come to get you personally in a few days okay?"

"You okay? And uh- alright. Should I pack anything or..?"

"Bring whatever you want, but we'll be providing clothes, a room, toothbrushes... everything you'd need."

"Okay," I said with a smile.

"I should get going," Izuku said before he stood up. "See you in a few days."