Chapter 10. Loving Mia - Part One

"Kale, you need to come home now," Aidan said on the phone. He stood in the living room by the fireplace pacing back and forth worriedly.

"What happened? Did something go wrong?" Kale wanted to know as he flipped through the channels of the tv in their apartment.

"Yes, something went very wrong. Mia is pissed at us. She's locked herself in one of the bedrooms and refuses to come out until you get here."

"Aidan, what did you do?" Kale sat up straight on the couch he'd been lounging on.

"Well, we were about to make love and she wanted to know if you were okay with it and I sort of blurted out our plan."

"And?" Kale asked frowning in confusion.

"That's what she's angry over and the fact she knows what we did to those guys. They had it on the news."

"Why would she get angry?" Kale wanted to know.

"She said we're not treating her as an equal and that her virginity isn't something to be discussed over without her involvement. Look, just get here as soon as possible. I think we've made a terrible mistake."

"Fine, I'm on my way," Kale hung up the phone and sighed. Women, he'd never understand them.

****************************************************************

Mia sat on the edge of the bed with her head down deep in thought when someone knocked on the door gently. "Mia, Kale is here, why don't you come out so we can have dinner together. I whipped up spaghetti and a salad after I called him."

Before she could reply someone began banging on the door impatiently. Mia sighed knowing who it was before he yelled at her. "Rule number one Mia, you will never lock us out of any room in this house! You get that?"

Mia walked over and opened the door. "I've got rules too, Kale, if you expect this relationship to go smoothly, I think you better follow them." She glared up at him. He frowned down at her.

Aidan gave a short nervous laugh. "Well, at least you're out, why we don't talk like civilized people over dinner, "he said putting emphasis on the word "civilized."

Aidan led the way, Kale and Mia followed behind him. Kale kept giving her mean looks as if he had something to be angry over. Fed up, Mia stopped in the hallway and faced him. She got as close to him as possible and poked him in the chest.

"What? You wanna fight?"

Kale expression changed into shock as he looked down at the petite woman trying to act tough. Her head barely reached his shoulders. He burst out laughing as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

Even Aidan cracked a smile of amusement. "I do believe your kitten is hissing at you," he teased Kale.

"You do know I'm bigger than you, right?" Kale asked then pulled her into his arms. "Ahh Mia, what are we going to do with you?"

Mia smiled slightly as he picked her up in his arms and carried her rest of the way. "One of the things that made me love you is that fiery attitude. You turn me on every time you get angry and demanding, you're not afraid of anyone, Mia, and I admire that, but it's the same quality that gets you into trouble, like fighting off those thieves. You need to know when to back down and when to fight."

"Backing down never got me anywhere," Mia mumbled. "And you're the one to talk, you're the same way."

"She has you there," Aidan said. "I think that's why you two fight so much, neither one of you knows when to back down."