Chapter 5: Tora! Tora! Tora!

Taehyung becomes more silent than before. The loss of his parents and brother makes him believe that life is meaningless. He always believed that but now he is certain of it. The change in the relationship that he shared with Jungkook, becoming lovers from childhood friends, had made him view life differently only for a while. Jungkook is so caring and always made sure that Taehyung didn't slip into a depression. He felt on many days that Jungkook deserved better, at least someone better than him. He wonders if Jungkook ever felt the same, he looked for these emotions in his eyes and couldn't quite figure it out at first. Taehyung preferred to keep himself busy with work than face the realities of his bond with Jungkook. He was afraid of prying to deep for he knew on the inside that the bond was fragile. He's never said "I love you". He's too afraid that Jungkook won't say it back. He knows Jungkook's heart doesn't belong to him and never will. No amount of kisses, roses, sex or late night chats would fix that. They found solace in each other but love.....maybe in another life.

Jungkook cannot bring himself to believe it. He can't accept it. Losing Mina and Seo-joon had been difficult to come to terms with but Tora's loss was unbearable to a point where he couldn't breathe. Tora, his best friend, his partner in crime, his love, his first kiss. Gone. Just like that.

Hoseok hops onto a plane and is by his side in a matter of hours. He knows Jungkook cannot do this alone.

Jungkook takes out his suit from the closet. Taehyung and Hoseok are waiting for him outside. He feels numb as he takes off his clothes. Freaking suicide. He can't believe Tora would do that. Yes, he was suffering from PTSD but suicide? He was always afraid of heights. Aunt Sana had gone to identify the body. Jungkook wasn't brave enough to accompany her. The suit feels uncomfortable. He twists the red bracelet around his wrist. It's a habit. It gives him comfort. He wonders if Tora still wore it after all these years. Maybe he had it on him when he jumped from the rooftop. Maybe he threw it away.

Jungkook recalls his last conversation with Tora.

𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒌𝒐𝒐𝒌?

𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒂 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆, 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒚! 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒏𝒅! 𝑾𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒊𝒕?

𝑰 𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒌𝒐𝒐𝒌. 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆.

𝑶𝒉 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒓 𝒖𝒑 𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒂! 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒆𝒓! 𝑻𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒃!

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒕!

𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒂 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒖𝒔! 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕!

𝑾𝒉𝒚?

𝑪𝒐𝒛 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓!

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒚? 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅! 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓!