Chapter 8: Tamatebako (jewel box)

𝙰 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Jungkook is quiet. He waits for Tora to speak.

"I need to get out of here, it's....boring."

"Maybe if you hadn't tried to kill your own brother you would have found yourself in a more favourable situation."

"You needn't remind me." He scowls.

"Why did you do it?"

"To protect you."

"From?"

Tora sighs.

"Answer me Tora."

"Kook, you deserve better."

"I'll decide what I deserve."

"You're not good at deciding."

They're quiet again.

Jimin clears his throat.

"Should I leave you two alone? Is it safe?"

"I'll be fine," Jungkook gives him a gentle smile.

"I'll be right outside." Jimin looks tired. The past few days have been strenuous. Five doctors and two interns had been arrested after Sana pressed charges for Tora. Jimin had been finally rescued. He still feels weak but was elated to see that Tora was alive.

"Tell me why you've come to see me. Tae obviously knows you helped me to hide. He must be angry."

"Well, surprisingly, Tae forgives people more easily than you do."

"Of course, the more practical, level headed one. Remind me when you guys are finally going on a vacation?"

"That's none of your business."

"Meaning you have no plans yet coz he again chose work over you. That's a really healthy relationship you guys have there, good for you Koo!"

"Fuck you!"

"Listen to me one last time coz I never want to see you again. You love me. You've always loved me. You'll always be mine. You can't change that or deny that even if you try. Innocent little lamb in love with the hungry awful tiger."

"Tora don't do this. I came to talk. Let's just have a pleasant conversation."

"Oh we're done Koo. You can leave."

Tora looks away. Jungkook is tearing up.

"I hope you're happy with my brother. Just make sure he shows you some respect. You deserve respect Koo."

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 2021
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 24𝚝𝚑
𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚕
𝙽𝚈𝙲

Jungkook is thrilled. He loves New York, he'll be meeting Hoseok for lunch and he can finally relax in the lap of luxury without having to worry about anything. He had promised Taehyung that he'd keep work aside on this trip and he really wants to keep that promise.

Taehyung comes out from the shower fully dressed and Jungkook smiles at him happily.

"You smell good!"

"You should have joined me inside."

"Then I'd be late for lunch!"

"Right, Hoseok."

"Yes! I'm so happy! I'm finally going to see him after ages!"

"I'm happy to see you so happy." Taehyung kisses him.