Chapter 3: A Bolt From The Blue

They're both soaked to the skin as they make their way back to camp. It's almost midnight but a few of them are still up. The camp fire looks comforting as the pair stands next to it trying to feel a little warm.

"You guys are going to catch your death of cold!" Sana says, stepping out from one of the tents with towels that are received hastily by the shivering boys.

"Are they back?" Seo-joon's voice can be heard from a distance.

"Yes! They're here!" Sana shouts back to her brother.

"Mom can you stop shouting, we're trying to sleep," Namjoon's voice comes from inside the tent.

"Where's Tae?" Jungkook asks rubbing his head swiftly with the towel.

"He went to sleep already," Sana tells him.

"What's dad doing away from camp?" Torahiko asks.

"He went for a midnight stroll with your mother. They'll be back soon. Keep the towels with you and get changed quickly. I can't believe you two went swimming! Always sneaking off together and doing exactly what you shouldn't be doing!"

Torahiko giggles and Jungkook punches his waist but he's giggling as well. They'll miss this moment, this trip.

"You've both grown so tall, I remember when you were so tiny! Now all of you will be going off to college. Promise me you're going to study hard, both of you! Come here!" She holds out her arms wide as the two boys hug her from both sides.

They love Aunt Sana, she's always been so kind and caring. And she makes the best snacks.

"You'll come and visit me in New York right?" Jungkook asks.

"Yes of course honey," Sana kisses his wet head, "I'll bring you some goodies?"

"Bring Tora," Jungkook replies.

Sana smiles at him,"You two really can't stand being apart, must be wonderful to have a best friend like Tora."

"Yes, Tora is the best." Jungkook punches Torahiko again and soon they're both play fighting around Sana. She laughs and looks at the pair fondly.

Suddenly there's a noise in the distance which startles all of them. Jungkook's hand freezes on Torahiko's towel.

"Was that....a gun shot?" Sana looks terrified.

Then there's a scream. It's Mina.

Before anyone can even react Torahiko is running.

"Tora no! It might be dangerous! Stop!"

But Torahiko doesn't care. He can't see clearly, it's dark and he's only in his swimming shorts. Flashlights were in his jacket somewhere but he can't focus on anything except finding his parents.

"Mom?" He literally screeches trying to figure out where the sound had come from.

He stumbles on small rocks but keeps running.

"Mom!"

Another scream.

It's much closer. Torahiko turns his feet in the direction of his mother's voice.

Behind a cluster of trees on another side of the lake is a clearing. The moon shines brightly on this side and it's much easier to see.

Torahiko almost falls as he finally spots the shape of humans a little further down near the water. He keeps running but stands frozen when he sees his parents.

His father is sprawled out on the ground, body still, blood from his head seeping out to meet the water which keeps gently lapping at the shore. An unknown man is holding Mina's throat and a gun is pointed at her head. She's shaking and crying, fingers clawing desperately at the hand that holds her in place.