🧿 Chapter 13: Where Evidence Lays

Olexei Pov

"You shouldn't have went there" Val hummed as she sat across from me in the conference room

"I wasn't going to let him stay there, not when it's me they are gunning for" I sighed.

"Correct. The pigs are after you. They are hunting you. That doesn't mean you just walk into their damn hands" she hissed.

"It's over and done with" I murmured dismissively.

"This isn't a game. Usually the police don't mess with us but, they must have something concrete for them to think they can lock you up. And whatever it is they have kept it in a tight circle. That being said you cannot take the same risks as you usually do" she explained.

"Well I'm not just going to fucking sit around and wait for them to finally grows some balls and get me

"Well I'm not just going to fucking sit around and wait for them to finally grows some balls and get me. You know better than that. I'm not that type of person. Neither am I scared of them" I chuckled.

"I didn't say you should be afraid, Olexei? But, don't be stupid. They take you down and they are just one step toward tackling the whole family, more importantly Ryder" Val sighed.

"Well we're handling it" I responded.

"Not good enough. You need to get someone inside. We need information" she hummed giving me a look.

"No" I stated.

"Listen, I know the history but, I told you back then not to get involved. I told you that it wouldn't end that well" she scoffed rolling her eyes at my refusal.

"If I wanted to hear 'I told you so', I would call your damn son. I don't regret my decision from back then and I refuse to pull him into my mess" I groaned.

"I don't fucking care! Shit is hitting the fan so, it's time to grow the hell up and get things done! We have too many threats coming from all sides. It's time we show them what the Morelli family is known for because it seems to have been lost in translation! We didn't hand over this empire for you and my son to allow a couple of narcissistic pigs come in and tear it apart!" she snapped slamming her hand on the conference table.

Growing up with Ryder and his parents looking after me, I became accustomed to their tempers. A glance from either one could have anyone in the family pissing there pants in fear of what would inevitably happen to them. That being said, I wasn't scared. I knew that I was worst. I knew that out of everyone in the family, I was the one they feared above everyone.

"Mom calm down" Ryder stated coming into the room all of a sudden.

"Where the hell have you been!?!" she hissed turning her anger onto him.

"I was handling some things" he murmured groaning in annoyance before taking the seat next to me.

"I hope these so called 'things' are going to help solve the problems we have going on here" Val said staring at her son who seemed annoyed.

"I thought they would but, no mother. I'm trying to come up with another plan" he breathed and I could tell he was getting a little overwhelmed so, I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight. I had never been a fan of PDA but, I occasionally made an exception.

"Well that is just great" she whispered.

At that moment one of the men came in letting us know there was a visitor. Not wanting to really be bothered I told him to send them away.

"Sir he is insisting on seeing you" the man argued.

Glaring at him, he then scurried out of the room. Though seconds later the door busted open with the man falling for the floor in pain. Within seconds guns were drawn ready to put down the next person that walked in.

"Fucking great. I knew this would be a damn mistake" Xan whispered as he strolled in and laid his eyes on all three of the guns pointed at him. To say I was shocked was an understatement. The last thing I expected was to see him standing in front of me willingly, least of all in front of Ryder as well.

 The last thing I expected was to see him standing in front of me willingly, least of all in front of Ryder as well

"What are you doing here?" Ryder questioned confused as he put away his weapon.

"Your not the only one that can ambush someone" he spoke softly.

"Boss shoot him! He fucking refused to leave and then fought back when I tried to lead him out" shouted the man that was just a crumpled mess on the floor stated.

"I told you not to put your hands on me" Xan growled and I was thrown off. We had history together and I could honestly say I had never seen this side of him.

"Fucking pig!" the man yelled.

"Lowlife scum" Xan scoffed not sparing another glance his way. He was going to respond but, a look from Ryder sent him begrudgingly on his way.

"Why did you come here? I thought you didn't want to get involved" Ryder asked.

"I didn't but, you don't seem to understand 'no' so, I brought you this" he hummed lifting his hand to show us a manila folder.

"What is that?" I said curiously.

"The information you need and my ticket to you leaving me the hell alone for as long as I breathe in this world" Xan replied dropping it on the table.

🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐🫐