🧿 Chapter 5: Crazy Eyes

Ryder's Pov

"We need to stop" O whispered as I continued to kiss along his neck

It was now morning. We had spent most of last night catching up on what I missed. Of course, I had people who checked in with me while I was away but, I didn't trust them as I did him. In fact, he was the only one I trusted.

"Why?" I asked resting my chin on his bare chest and looking at him.

"You have a meeting with the rest of the family. You shouldn't be late" he said.

"I'm the Don. I dare someone to say something" I chuckled.

Since my father retired a couple of years ago, I took over for him. My father was a hard man and an even harder mafia boss. No one dared disrespect him. I aimed to be the same way. I wouldn't tolerate an ounce of disrespect. Know your place or get put down like a dog.

"Your right" Olexei muttered rubbing his lip. It was still swollen from last night.

"I told you not to bite it. I like the noises you make" I spoke touching it lightly.

"No one else needs to hear them. They already have their suspicions" he scoffed.

"And? Fuck them" I breathed.

"We've kept this a secret for so long. The last thing I need is for it to come out. Then I'll be insane and the Don's whore" he spat.

"You shouldn't care what they think," I told him.

"I fucking don't!" he snapped glaring at me.

It was one of his icy ones that could cause anyone to rethink the words that were leaving their mouth. Unfortunately for him, I was used to it. He couldn't scare me like he did everyone else.

"Then what is the problem?" I asked sitting up.

"We have images to represent especially, you. You can't be a leader with me by your side and I do best in the shadows. I'm used to it" he muttered under his breath unconsciously rubbing his left side. He had scars. You wouldn't be able to tell because of all the tattoos that covered them but, they were there.

I remember the first time I saw the scars. It was about a month after he came to stay with us. I had asked him about them but, he quickly shut me down. His past was the only part of him that I didn't know. He closed off himself to everyone including me when it came to it.

"I don't care about my image" I sighed.

"I do. You may not believe what they say but, it's still out there. We can't act like it isn't" he muttered throwing the blankets off and standing up. Following his actions, I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Fuck them. Fuck anyone who tries to say anything bad about you. I'd kill anyone that would dream to hurt you" I sighed.

"I'm not a bitch. I can fight my own battles" Olexei stated removing my arms.