CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT * FORCED MEMORIES

Corporal Joey Perry looked down the path as she finished tying her shoe, it was still dark out and the moon was close to setting after its short journey. She placed her phone in the very tight side pocket on her running shorts, as she put her ear buds into her right then left ear. She waved her arms in front of then behind her body, stretching them which she repeated several times. She lifted her foot to pull it behind her back, then she repeated with her other. There was a snarling coming from the bushes ahead of her, but her ear buds prevented her from hearing it. She starts her run as a pair of glowing golden eyes followed her.

Liam and Ethan were out for their early morning run as well, 

"So do you know what Stiles big announcement is?" Liam looked at Ethan as he decreased their speed, 

"No, not at all, he was pretty tight lipped about it all day. But I do know that he and Michael are doing really good. It seems as though our Stiles has calmed down now and almost back to the guy we used to know." Ethan looked at the sky, 

"Honestly, Liam, I don't think that the old Stiles will ever resurface. He has been through far too much emotional and physical turmoil. I'm very glad that he has Michael, I honestly don't know if Stiles would have made it through the war without him." The two men stopped to get a drink from the vending machine against the restroom wall. As the stood there drinking the water, Michael and Stiles were coming down the run path.

"Hey guys fancy meeting you here." Stiles joked as this was nearly the only running park around, unless you went to the preserve. Ethan smiled and Liam gave Stiles a fist bump. 

"We were going to go around one more time, if you want to join us." Stiles smiled and looked at Michael, 

"Actually, we were going to head back and get ready to go to the recruiting office." Liam nodded and threw away his bottle. He and Ethan watched as their friends ran off down the path.

The wind had picked up blowing in a cool front, with it came a quick early morning shower that pelted the ground with rain. As Ethan finished and had put the plastic bottle in the recycle bin, they heard a scream, Liam sniffed the air,

 "Blood, this way." 

The corporal was running away from the creature, she slipped in a new mud puddle as the monster tackled her from behind ripping a piece of her stretch shirt right off. The force also caused one of her ear buds to drop out of her ear, as it drug her away punching and kicking. 

The two men wolfed out into their beta forms and ran down the path until they saw an overly large werewolf standing over Corporal Perry, it turned to look at them with slobber running out of its mouth, with rain dripping off its slimy fur onto the corporals face. The creature turned back to Perry and placed three of its razor-sharp claws at the top of each of her arms. Both Liam and Ethan started running towards the two on the ground. As it looked into her eyes, it quickly pushed its claws into her arms, and began to slice them open from her biceps to her wrist, the pain she felt was excruciating, and as the creature started to stand, both werewolves tackled it to the ground. As Ethan chased the creature into the woods, Liam Stood over top of Perry and she was in complete shock, the blood was running out of her body at a rapid pace.

 "What was that, oh God it hurts, I'm gonna die, help me." Liam looked up; Ethan had raced back. 

"It took off towards the city, it was too fast to catch. How is she?" Placing his hands on the side of each of her arms drawing her pain, he closed his eyes, Liam was slowly calming himself down. "She is going to bleed out, the wounds are too long and too deep to wrap." he grabs her face,." He looked at Ethan, go get Stiles." Ethan ran off to find his best friend. It was a good thing they were just with Stiles; he had a fresh scent on him to track.