Devastating Disagreements *

Overview: Josh says something he regrets and hurts Olivia

It started off as a tiny argument, it really did. It was nothing to worry about, until it was.

Josh and Olivia had been dating for over a week when everything went up in flames. Their relationship had had a lot of buildup, they'd both been secretly crushing on the other for many months and had been best friends during that whole time. They finally got the nerves to talk about what had been going on between them for almost a year and for the last week or so, they'd been together officially. Things had been going well, really well and that's why Olivia knew she should've expected it. When things are going good for her, something always had to blow up in her face. It was the way of the world.

It started out as any normal day, he picked her up outside her apartment, they stopped for coffee on the way to set and they drove to work together blissfully happy. The trouble had started when Tim asked to speak with them both in between one of their takes. He had wide smile on his face as he explained that since it went so well in season one, the Disney executives had decided to give them the opportunity to cowrite a new song together to submit for the second season of the show, only if they were interested. Of course both had been overjoyed to hear the news and immediately accepted his offer which ended in a cheesy group hug between the three. Writing 'Just For A Moment' together had been so much fun and they had only been friends then. She couldn't wait to write together as a couple, hoping that it would elevate the emotion of the song to the next level.

The two had been so excited to write together again that they decided to start that night. Instead of driving her home like usual after work, they drove together to his apartment as she texted her parents an update and let them know he'd drive her home later. They had stopped and grabbed a pizza on their way over so they didn't have to worry about making dinner and that way they could focus solely on their writing.

They were given a brief rundown of the situation for the song as well as the tone they were looking for but for the most part, Olivia and Josh had complete creative control. The only thing that was stressing her out was their time limit, they had exactly two weeks to write a full melody, a set of lyrics, record the song in the studio professionally and submit it to the execs, all while still having to juggle work everyday and their personal lives. It was a safe bet to say that they would be spending a lot of time together over the next couple weeks, more so than usual. Looking back on everything that had happened, she figured that's probably where their problems began.

Every second that they were not shooting, rehearsing or doing something else work-related, they were working on their song. In the hair and makeup chairs in the morning, on their lunch breaks between takes and into the depths of the night sitting in the living room of his Salt Lake apartment. Wherever and whenever they could find time, they were singing and writing.

The original excitement had quickly started to mix with anticipation and nerves as their deadline got closer and closer each day. When they were writing together last year, they had more time, but the decision to let them cowrite again this year was much more last minute. The pressure was building and they found themselves succumbing to it all too much.

It had started with a small, nay, minuscule disagreement. The song they were writing this season was meant to be more emotional and heartbreaking, at a hard time in their character's relationships. Therefore, they had opted to right the song on the piano rather than guitar to give it that more heartfelt "sad song" feel. They had their basic melody decided for the verses but were stuck for their chorus. Olivia thought it would sound better if they went to a minor chord to start the verse but Josh was pretty convinced that a major chord would be best. They argued a bit but it was alright, it was just healthy push and pull in their writing dynamic and they decided to pick things up later.