Broken Bonds *

Overview: In a world where no pandemic happened and none of the drama happened, how will Josh and Olivia's relationship change, grow and fall apart as they grow older? : Requested by YashWhites

Warning: Mature Language Used

When Olivia was young, she let herself believe in silly childish things like true love and fairytale romances. Cheesy romcoms had always held a special place in her heart and she knew it was stupid, but sometimes she let herself imagine that one day, she could have a love like that. When Josh came into her life, she really let herself believe that she had found that in him. She had heard the countless stories about young love not working out and getting caught up in relationships that don't last, but she truly thought what they had was different. Unfortunately, that had just been another case of blinding young love. 

After years of pining for the boy who had quickly become her best friend on the set of their show, they had finally gotten together and for as long as it lasted, she had never been happier. It was too bad everything fell apart while they were wrapping up filming for the final season of the show. The series had a really good run and although she was sad to leave the past five years of her life behind her, it made sense for things to be ending. The whole thing was bitter-sweet or at least it was until one of the last days of shooting when he broke her heart. Then it all just turned bitter.

In a way it was lucky that things fell apart when they did. The few awkward interviews with him for promotion that she hadn't been able to get out of, were hard enough as it was. She couldn't imagine having to go through another couple episodes of filming let alone another season. After those few hard weeks though, that was it. Josh and her only ever spoke a couple times during those interviews and after it was all over, it was all over. They never really spoke again. 

So of course she wrote about a thousand songs about it. The emotions she felt during that time in her life had been so strong, only ever really rivalled by the strong love she felt for him before things between went south. Those strong emotions led to her pouring her heart out completely into one song in specific, a song that she later released as her debut solo single. 'Stolen Memories' quickly became a worldwide hit and with that, her life truly changed forever.

-

About two years had passed since then and Olivia was in a very different place in her life. After her debut single blew up, she gained a pretty large following for her music which only grew when she dropped her EP. She had done a couple of shows and movies in the past two years but nothing serious, only side characters, as she was focusing on her music for the time being. She dropped her first full album about 6 months ago and the response was really great. It seemed like everything was finally coming together with her life. Well, almost everything.

She hadn't dated anyone since him. Obviously she knew she didn't need a guy in her life and it was completely fine to just focus on her career, but sometimes this life just got a little lonely. She had gone out casually with a couple of guys over the past two years but nothing ever really stuck, she never clicked with anyone like she did with him. As much as she hated him and as much as she knew she shouldn't've, she still thought about him. Sometimes it was hard to get him out of her mind, even after so much time and so much heartbreak.

Olivia still kept in touch with almost all her old cast-mates, save for Josh, because after all, they were like family to her. Everyone was working on their own projects and she didn't often have too much time to see them but, every once in a while, she'd make plans to get together with them outside the occasional FaceTime calls. It was rare these days though, that they would be able to hangout in person seeing as everyone was always so busy. So when she got the text from Matt and then the official invitation in the mail, she was pretty excited.