29. Forever

Nova's POV:

I could never comprehend what Jordan went through when I was shot until now. I've been sat in this waiting room with everyone who loved us as we wait for the doctors to tell us what's going on.

I've pushed everyone away from me because I only want Jordan right now. My mom keeps trying to hug me but I just keep moving away. The whole police department is sorted and Kyle is working to find out who wanted Jordan dead that's higher up but I can't even think about that right now.

Alex is hugging Michael who is asleep on her lap, we didn't tell him what happened because we didn't want to worry him. I keep praying over and over that he's going to be okay but as the hours tick by I can't help but lose hope which I know is the wrong thing to do but I can't help it.

All of our memories keep replaying over and over in my head. Like our first date, the first day we met, the football game, when I first met Michael, our trip to Italy then Disney, the Bahamas, Christmas, my birthday, his birthday and of course our wedding.

One of the most precious days to me, the day we vowed to be together as long as we both shall live and now here I am in the same position he was in. I keep rubbing my stomach as our Principessa keeps kicking making me smile that's she still okay.

"Mommy." Michael mumbles while rubbing his eyes and standing in front of me. "Yes baby?" I ask while wiping my cheeks and forcing a smile. "Where's daddy?" He asks breaking my heart all over again. "He's asleep right now baby." I say while pulling him into my arms. He sits next to me and lays down while resting his head on my lap.

"When is he going to wake up?" He asks tiredly. "I don't know baby but get some sleep." I whisper while rubbing his back.

A few more hours pass, everyone else has fallen asleep but here I am wide awake while looking down at my lap to see Michael hugging my bump and a genuine smile lands on my face briefly until the doctor approaches.

"Family of Jordan Holt?" He asks making everyone wake up. "Ummm is there a partner or parent I could talk to?" He asks making me stand up slowly so Michael doesn't wake up. "I'm his wife." I smile weakly making him do the same and walk me down the hallway.

"Mrs Holt, Jordan was shot in his chest and the bullet scrapped his heart." He says making me widen my eyes at him. "We did everything we could but I'm sorry we just couldn't-." He says before a nurse cuts him off. "Doctor Henderson we need you back here." She says making him sigh. "I'm sorry Mrs Holt but we couldn't save him. I'll let you get back with your family." He says before walking away making me fall against the wall.

"Bebita." My mom whispers making me look up at her with tears rolling down my face uncontrollably as I shake my head. She chokes out a sob before running over to me and pulling me into his arms.

"Four months. We were only married for four months." I cry making my mom hold me closer to her and whisper calming things in my ears but none of that matters, Jordan's dead. The man I love and will always love more then anyone was killed because of me. I told him not to get involved in this life, I became Michaels mother and that made rose want him dead.

I'm the reason my husband is dead and my children are going to hate me for it. "It's all my fault." I mumble making my mom shake her head. "No baby it isn't! He loved you just as much as you loved him. He loved you enough to come into our world because he knew you were the one. Even if he can't be here physically he will live on in all of our hearts. I have a lot to thank that boy for." She says making me look at her with a confused look.

"Well he gave me my baby girl back because before Jordan you were still so broken over Ace but then you finally found the love you've been craving all of your life in not just Jordan but Michael as well. He's given me not one but two grand babies. He the reason your still here and he will always be the reason you keep fighting." She says making me smile and nod.

"Riley!" My dad yells while running down the hall and stops when he sees us and smiles which makes me frown.

"Baby come on. It's a miracle!" He says making me raise my eyebrows. "They got his heart beating again. When the doctor left a nurse jumped onto the bed and kept on giving him cpr, she saved him. He's okay." He says making me burst out into tears yet again but this time with joy.

My parents help me stand up and walk with my while I try to run to his room to see him sleeping peacefully.

"My baby." I smile while tilting my head in awe. "Go in baby." My mom said while rubbing my shoulder making me nod and open the door. The doctor turned to me with an apologetic look. "Mrs Holt I'm so sorry. He did flatline but nurse Gold didn't give up and saved him." He says making me smile and shake my head. "I'm just glad he's alive, thank you for the surgery and please thanks nurse Gold." I say making him nod and leave the room.

"Fucking hell jords!" I whisper yell before sitting on the bed and grabbing his hand. "I knew you wouldn't leave us." I smile while looking at his hand and then kissing it. "And that's why I love you." He replies huskily making me snap my head up and smile at him.

"We've got forever Nova. I promise you." He says making me smile as my heart finally feels full again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One more chapter!!!

It will be up later on so if u have any baby names lmk asap