Chapter - 10 (I Kissed Her!)

Warning: Murder, blood, animal death and violence ahead. If you wish to skip this part then, you can straight away read Mark's Part.

Meera

"Ouch..!!" I cry as I stub my left toe into something hard! Actually, I know what it is...that damn cat tower!

I should have never believed Vedant when he said that he would assemble this! It has been almost three months that this cat tower from IKEA has been lying in this basement, even that cat has run away twice. I don't think it would even come back this time...

"Vedant! Did you find the lights?" I call out, instantly regretting as I ingest a mouthful of dust and start coughing uncontrollably.

The lights start to flicker and I hear a loud screech from the end of the room.

"You know I write thrillers...these beginner level pranks aren't gonna scare me!" I say aloud into the darkness at the end of the room.

This kid has been trying to scare me for years now for his YouTube content. I knew something was off. He went around 4 PM to get the lights and it's been almost 2 hours. Dad is back and we have to put the lights and decorate the house. He must have been planning this for a long time, but he chose the wrong day. We have a lot of work and Dad won't be free on the weekend to help us.

"Listen, we don't have time. Dad is back and Mom is calling you for the evening tea! All the neighbors' houses have lights and we need to put them today. Just come out...WHAT THE HECK!"

I just stepped into a puddle of dark liquid!

"You know mom would kill you this time! This would take forever to clean...actually you just wait and watch, I am calling Mom and Dad!" I turn around to leave.

"Meeraaaaa Diiiiiiiiii...run", I hear his shriek!

"Are you not gonna stop now?!" I say aloud frustrated and pick up an old broomstick to beat him up!

"Come out!" I charge forward angrily! His YouTube Subscribers would see him getting beat up with a broomstick. This would be great content now!

My socks and slippers are soaked in his fake bloody water or whatever he has spilled! I just hope this doesn't stain my feet. This kid has outdone himself this time. I see little movement at the end.

Are there more people? It seems like someone is lying on the table and another is standing...it is too dark at the end and he has switched off the lights of that part too. I think he called his friends. I change my plan. I would first switch on the light and then beat them up!

I move a little to the left to reach for the light switch!

"Ewww...." The switch board was wet as well...mom would be so upset! I think this is his 1 million subscriber prank that he was talking about...

'Diiii...it'd be epic', he had told me!

Yes, it would be epic FAIL...with broomstick beating as a bonus! I smile to myself imagining his reaction as I switch on the light and prepare to not react at all!

WHAT THE F****?! I swear silently as I see so much of blood...I try hard to control my expressions. But, this is too much!

"Just switch off all the camera's and get up Vedant!" I say, angrily staring into his eyes. He is upside down on the table with blood oozing out of his head and neck...I have to admit this time his makeup is on point, his skills are improving!

"I said shut it off!" I yell this time at the guy standing next to him. I look into his eyes and something doesn't feel right. I know all of Vedant's friends, this guy isn't a high schooler. I feel a deadly realization hit me like a lightning bolt and for a second my mind and body freezes in fear. My eyes flicker around to register the details and everything seems too real somehow...