Chapter - 8 (Saving her, again!)

Jinyoung

I see Mark's confused face as the girl comes closer. I can see he has recognized her. I saw her picture being circulated in my theatre class group. She was at the University today to do some paperwork and some student found her and clicked pictures. Everyone's really excited. She's gonna take 2 courses at our university. They were supposed to start from the 1st but something happened due to which they postponed the start date. I had registered for her classes' way back in September, in the beginning of the semester. That time I was quite reluctant to sign up for them because I knew I won't be attending many of them due to my erratic schedule and I barely knew her. Little did I know that before her course will begin I would actually become her fan due to my own fan.

Since I first read her book, I have almost become obsessed with her. Infact, I want to definitely be a part of her movie. I've been preparing for it and have told my company that I really want to be a part of the movie even if it meant that I let go of other auditions and offers. When I saw her picture today I was literally taken aback. She is Mark's new neighbor. The same girl! I wanted to tell Mark but, he was getting his make-up done so I thought, I'd tell her after the event.

Meera finally gets on the stage and cuts her call. Her hand...her right hand has some kind of design on it. She looks better and healthier than the last time I saw her. I wish I had recognized her back then. I did feel that I somehow knew her but, amidst the crazy schedule I almost forgot to dig deeper.

The MC asks her name. She looks around, totally clueless. Just when I was about to intervene, Mark translates for her.

"Hi, I am Meera Khanna. I'm sorry but, I can't understand Korean." she bows and suddenly her hair tie falls down. Her beautiful black hair falls freely like a pretty waterfall and I hear a surprised gasp and admiration for her wavy long hair in the audience as well. She quickly straightens up and consciously tugs her hair behind her right ear. She looked quite pretty with her hair pulled into a bun but, with her black hair open, I've to admit she looks like a totally different person. I never thought that I would call anyone wearing a hoodie 'hot' but here she is, standing right in front of me, turning this casual outfit 'Hot' too!

"Who is this girl?" Jackson whispers.

"She is the author of the book that I'm reading."

"Reallyyyy...what is she doing here? Is she our fan too?"

"I don't know but I think she doesn't even know us! See, she can't even converse in Korean properly!"

The crowd is getting bigger and bigger. Suddenly, few people have started flashing their phones with "Meera <3" and "Welcome to Korea"! The ones who don't know are searching her on internet. It seems that she is alone. Now that she has been recognized, it would be absolutely difficult for her to leave.

The MC is signaled to quickly finish the thing as the crowd is becoming unmanageable. We all pick one ball each and another 6 people join us on the stage. Quickly, each person is asked to choose a member to hug, get clicked and take the gift.

"Meera, who do you pick?"

I see Mark confidently turn towards her with extended arms to hug her and suddenly, she moves in the opposite direction. The crowd and everyone on stage laugh at the same time. She walks in my direction. Maybe she chose me. Wow!! My heart starts beating faster and faster as she comes near me. I've never felt like this before. I think this how all fans feel...

********************************************************

Mark