Chapter - 2 (After 4 years)

25th August, 2018 (1 AM)

Hong Kong International Airport

"What happened here?" I asked bewildered as I see a horde of young girls shouting at the top of their voices with banners in their hand!

"It is some K-pop Idol group, they had something here and now they are leaving," answered our guide.

In the past few days that I've spent here in Hong Kong for my book tour, I've seen glimpses of the fan culture here but I never thought it would go to this level.

"In India too people are crazy about Bollywood Stars and famous personalities but, I seldom see such level of madness for them at airports. Yes, paparazzi are always there to snap the airport fashion looks!" I say aloud.

"Oh please, in India also they are crazy. The way of being crazy differs from region to region, I guess! Do I have to remind you how people died when Shah Rukh promoted for his movie or the time when we attended Armaan Malik's concert at University and the fans chased after his car even after his concert was done. Or the time when Bieber came..."

"Yeah, Yeah....thank you for refreshing my memories! You don't have to say anymore." I say cutting my Manager!

"Meera, if you let the PR have their way and be a little more active, I'm sure you'll be more famous than these people. You need to stop refusing TV appearances and interviews!"

"If I let PR and you have their way, I'll lose my readers. I don't need fans but readers who genuinely like my work! I don't want them to follow me but just read my stuff. I won't have any time left to write if I make redundant reality show appearances. I'm a writer not some actor or pop-star!" I firmly tell her in order to discourage her any future pitch she might have to persuade me to do some weird interviews!

Here the fans seem a little different. I think it's normal for fans to welcome and see off the people they like at airports. When I first landed in Hong Kong, even I met a few people who welcomed me at the airport. I was pleasantly surprised and amused. But, I think it's a trend in Asia particularly. I meet my readers mostly in University lectures or book-signings organized by my publishers. Other than that I do find people in India and sometimes abroad recognizing me in public places but, I would never get mobbed in public places like this.

We finally stop a little away from the entrance of the airport because of the crowd. Both my managers, Rhea and Ashok Uncle get out first. We take out our luggage and walk in the airport. Ashok Uncle has been there with me since my first book and Rhea joined me 2 years back. Had it not been for both of them, I wouldn't be here today.

"Yi-Ennnn...En-En....Mark....JB..." I heard Yi-En...I moved so fast to look in the direction that the voice came from that I almost snapped my neck! I look in the crowd but I can't hear the voice again amidst the loud cheering.

"Hey, hurry up! What are you looking at again? Since, the day we came here you've been looking around as if you are looking for something?" said Rhea aloud.

"Are you looking for him?" asked Ashok Uncle looking me in the eye.

"Meera, this is Hong Kong and many people can have the same name. You can't find him like that! You'll get in trouble this way. You almost got lost yesterday because you followed this guy..."

"OMG! Whatttttt? You got lost!" exclaimed Rhea.

"I'm sorry...it's just that I need to..."

"No, you don't have to do anything other than to stop! It's already 4 years, leave it! And now hurry up or we'll miss our flight!" Uncle said firmly and we moved forward.

"Meeraaaa....Stop...stop!" I heard two girls shout from the crowd. I see them running towards me with a green torch in their hand and huge paparazzi like camera around their neck!

"Meera, do you remember us! We met you yesterday at HKU?" one of them say breathlessly.

"I can't see your face, so how can I?" I tell them smiling.

They take off their masks laughing.

"There is this one last thing we want to say...If you ever consider adapting the book to a movie, please consider this guy for the role of Yi-En!" pointing at one guy on their phone screens.

"Meera, we're getting late!"

"Okay! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep that in mind!" I reply smiling.

"Can we take a quick picture with you before you leave?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"Bye, take care of yourself. It's late so reach home safely!" I tell them and finally leave.

Throughout the flight, Rhea bugs me to tell her about what Ashok Uncle was talking about earlier. However, what should I tell her - that my most famous character is apparently structured on this weird guy who I briefly met in the mountains of Switzerland? Or that I've a chain which has his name on it and I need to return it? Or that I need to thank him for his words which woke me out of my mental paralysis and helped me save my dream? Or thank him for that letter which he left me? I don't know. I just want to find him for now. I don't know what I'll say to him or do when I'll finally meet him. I just want to meet him again!

**************************************

Here GOT7 is returning to Korea after performing at their last stop in Hong Kong of EYES ON YOU world tour!

Meera doesn't know it yet, but she'll meet him soon! Keep reading to know what happens when Yi-En realizes that he's not only a part of a famous boy-group but a novel too!