ɴɪɴᴇ

Sora POV

I walk downstairs to the kitchen

I walk downstairs to the kitchen. struggling to make it to the counter. I plop down onto the stool, catching my breath.

These crutches are going to be the end of me...

"You good?" I hear a voice say over my shoulder. I turn to reveal a man (who, for reference, was VERY tall) that had brown hair and a cat-like smile.

"I'm making breakfast. Do you want anything?" He asks while reaching into the cupboard to take out pancake mix.

"Oh! Uh... Yeah, sure." I stutter as I was still starstruck at how tall he was. He had to be 6'5" at the least.

"Your knee good? I heard Jaehyun fucked it up badly." He says while starting the stove, sort of resembling a homey boyfriend if that makes sense.

"Yeah... Kinda sucks but whatever."

"I'm Johnny, by the way." He says while putting a plate of two pancakes fixed with maple syrup, blueberries and butter.

My mouth stays open as I utter out a small 'Woah' while I admire the food that was in front of me.

"You should eat it before it gets cold." He says, taking a bite of his own. I'm about to devour the pancake but I stop.

"Um, you don't live here, right? So why are you here in the morning?" I ask as he just smiles.

"Morning? Oh no babygirl, it's a quarter past 1." He says as my eyes widen. I take out my phone and, as he said, it was 1:15 on the dot.

"Oh my god. How could I sleep for that long?" I say, putting my head in my arms, hiding away.

"It happens to the best of us. Just eat, worry later."

~

I sit down on the black couches and pick up the black remote while pointing it at the black TV. Now that I think about it, a lot of things on this base are black. From this remote that I'm holding to the toilets. Kind of weird, huh?

I open Netflix and start scrolling through the browse, looking for any shows to watch.

I feel the couch next to my sink, indicating that someone had just sat down. I look over to see Yuta staring down my soul.

"Stop doing that. You're creeping me out." I say to him, drifting my eyes back to the TV. "What should I watch?"

He grabs the remote from my hand. "Hold up. You told me Taeyong wasn't going to get mad at me if I told you about Taehyung, so why was he about to kill me yesterday?"

"You really believed that?" I scoff, grabbing the remote back from him as he just watches me in disbelief.

"Woah, you really are Taeyong's sister. Devious just like him." He says as I just smile.

"Be careful now, Yuta. You get too friendly with me, Taeyong's gonna beat you up." I say.

"You're too young for me anyway."

"Oh, so 20 is too young?" I ask.

"20 Is the age where you turn into an adult here, so yes, 20 is too young-"

"Woah, you two. If Taeyong saw you two talking like that, he would throw a fit." Someone says to my right.

"Please, Jungwoo. You have a better chance with her than I do." Yuta says to the boy to my right that had such a... sweet face. Like, innocent? Pure? Something like that. He just doesn't seem like the type who would be in the mafia. Or, he doesn't seem like the type who SHOULD be in the mafia.

"And risk getting burned alive by Taeyong? No thanks. Anyways- I'm Jungwoo, nice to meet you." He says, holding out his hand for me to shake.

I take his hand and shake it slowly.

"Where's Jaehyun? I thought he was your bodyguard?" Jungwoo says as I give him a questioning look.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say, putting my attention back to the TV. "Hm, what about 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay'? I heard that was good."

Sorry for the sort of boring chapter. I just wanted to use this chapter so that we can get to know more characters in this story !!