ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

Sora POV

I lift the long, black dress over my head and let it flow down to my knees as I look at myself in the mirror. I guess it works for a funeral, even though dressing like a middle-aged mom isn't really my go-to fashion choice.

Today is Winwin's official funeral. The past few days have been pretty hectic, in general. I started to finally go on an apartment search, which is good. Everyone else was either quietly mourning the sudden death or pretending to act like it doesn't bother them. Me? Well, I barely knew Winwin so I can't really be that depressed about him dying. He wasn't exactly that fond of me, but he seemed ok in my perspective.

A hand knocks on my door. "Come in," I say softly.

"Hi." Jaehyun peeps his head through the door. He tries to put a smile on for me, but I don't fall for it.

"Quit the act, Jaehyun. I know you were close friends with Winwin. There's no need to put on a smile for me." I say, hands on hips as Jaehyun pulls me into an embrace.

"I'm never gonna get used to you actually being nice to me." He muffles into my neck as I place my arms around his chest.

"C'mon, we're gonna be late for the funeral."

~

I small tear runs down my cheek as I take one more glance to admire the funeral home. The place was covered in yellow drapes and mandarin writings written on the walls. Winwin's family urged for a traditional Chinese funeral. The NCT members slowly start their way out of the funeral home. I can see Winwin's sister grab his ashes from the priest.

I walk out of the funeral and see Jaehyun waiting for me quietly on the side talking to Ten.

"Hi, Ten," I say gently.

"Hi, Sora. Are you good? After the whole BTS thing..." He says.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine," I reassure him. I spot Tayong start walking out of the funeral house.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Bye, Ten. Bye, babe." I say, the last part referring to Jaehyun, as I chase after Taeyong who was already out in the grave.

Jaehyun POV

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Bye, Ten. Bye, babe." Sora says as my cheeks flush up. Before I can try to defend what she just said, Ten gives me a surprised, but not shocked, look.

"Babe..?"He tries to hold in his giggles. "How long since that started?"

"You tell anyone and it's over for you." I threaten, but he just giggles and runs away like an anime girl. Damnit, I'm fucked for sure, now.

Sora POV

"Taeyong! What are you doing?" I ask, but shut up after I see who's grave he was looking at. "Oh."

It was mom's grave.

"If only I never got into this mafia shit, I wouldn't have lost two people I love so much." He says quietly as I shatter on the inside. Taeyong has always been my older, protective brother. So it's weird seeing him be so emotional all of the sudden.

"It's not your fault. Life happens." I say as I rub his shoulder. "You still have dad, Jeno and me."

"You almost died because of me, though."

"But I didn't." I reveal a sneaky smirk.

Taeyong gives me a small smile before grabbing me into a bear hug.

"Too tight," I whisper in his ear as he lets go, giggling like a toddler.

"Sorry. Let's go back to the others."

"Sure. But - I don't know if Jaehyun told you this, but we're dating now." I say. The colour in Taeyong face drags out as the smile disappears.

"You're what-"

Before I get brutally murdered by my own blood, I run away to Jaehyun, my high heels clicking loudly on the way. I grab his arm and start speed-walking in the opposite direction of Taeyong.

"Woah - What happened?" He asks, confused as I drag him quickly to his car.

"I just told Taeyong we're dating, that's what happened. Now drive, lover boy." I hurry him into the driver's seat as I jump into the seat next to him.

He giggles cutely at me.

"What? We don't have time for this right now. Do you want to deal with Taeyong giving us a lecture?" I say, smacking him on his shoulder as I hope that will make him actually start the car and not sit there like a rock.

"Sorry. You just look cute right now." He says as my entire face turns red.

"Shut up and drive, Jung Jaehyun."