Chapter 9

Words: 4,064k

In this chapter: Steven Tyler's party has a big impact on the outcome of this plot

A/N: After over 30k words, 9 chapters and 9 weeks, this is the end of this series. As this is the last chapter I thought it would be nice to do some thanks:

- First of all, I would like to thank  nvptxne for making this amazing cover and for being the biggest fan of this fic!! Thank you, darling <3 You guys should check out her work, she has some amazing fics!!

- I'd also like to thank everyone who read this fanfic, and especially everyone who voted and commented it! It was an amazing experience to go on with this story along with you guys, so thank you so much!! You guys have a place in my heart : )

x

Lying on her bunk, Y/N had her eyes closed, but sleep never seemed to come, all that went through her mind was the blonde who slept in the top bunk and the way his arms felt when they were around her.

Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes, even with the curtains of her bunk open, the room was still dark, poorly lit by the new moon in the sky and the clouds that covered it.

"Duff," she whispered, not sure if he would be awake or not.

"Hmm?" His tone was low, but he didn't look tired.

"I can't sleep."

"Me neither."

There was a moment of silence and then she heard the curtain on his bunk slowly open.

"Come here." He whispered.

It was everything she wanted to hear. Stepping onto the carpeted floor of the bus, she slowly closed the curtain on her bunk before climbing the side stairs to his bed.

"Hi," She whispered when she saw Duff's shape on the bed, he was lying on his back, one of his arms under his head.

"Hi," He lifted the covers, offering space for her.

Snuggling next to Duff, she laid her head on his chest, hugging his body with her right arm.

Duff stretched over her, closing the curtain and wrapping her in his arms, bringing her closer.

He lightly kissed the top of her head and they stayed there, lying in silence in the dark of the night, listening only to each other's breathing.

Duff hated this situation, having to spend the whole day away from her, only being able to be together when no one was around, but he understood her side, she didn't want to risk losing her job until she was sure about them.

Every time he heard her talking about it he wanted to laugh, he knew he was a rockstar and that her doubts were probably justified, but if she could just read his mind for a day, she would be sure it was serious.

If she could read his mind, she would see how much he loved her and how much she meant to him.

But he respected her choice, after all, she had been recruited by the record company precisely because she was less likely to be romantically involved with one of the band members. Going public about their relationship could have serious consequences and Duff didn't want to risk having to stay away from her.

So he stayed there in silence, enjoying the few hours of sleep that the two still had, happy for the little time they had together.

---

"Good morning, couple!" A voice made Y/N open her eyes startled.

It was Erin.

"Erin! What are you doing?" She and Duff had moved during the night, so she was lying facing the hall while Duff hugged her from behind.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 - 𝐷𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑀𝑐𝐾𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑛 🎉