the fake boyfriend

Nana could not force a smile on her face although all people inside the room are all smiles. They were in a middle of a press conference where the both company they were signed in announced the relationship between her and Seolchan and the misunderstanding of her relationship with Sunwoo.

She could not believe that Seolchan agreed to this. What happened to his undying love to Seyi? Did he explained everything and did she agree to his agreement? And why the hell did Sunwoo agreed with this whole sham? She thought Color Bar’s debut is for Seyi and Seolchan’s relationship? Is this Sunwoo’s hidden plan? To push him to Seolchan and get Seyi on his own? He is such a back stabber. She really is so angry with him that she refuses to see him and talk to him.

She shouldn’t have been here if not for the other members of the Color Bars. They have dreamed of being the stars, the idols. They were really close to stardom but because of her and her scandal, everything will be ruined. Donam and Kyudong even left their jobs to fulfill this dream.

“A question for Kim Nana,” a reporter who raised his hand announced. And why the hell did this bastards agreed to hold a question and answer? “Is it loved at first sight?”

Loud giggles from the girl reporters emerged. Eyes, camera and microphones were pinned on her.

“Definitely, not,” she answered.  The crowd who were listening all went to silence. She knew her answer made all the people who knew her relation with Seolchan is a complete sham were now having bullet sweats. Although she doesn’t care what others think of her, and she doesn’t like speaking for herself, she still doesn’t want to lie to others. But because she doesn’t have much of a choice today, so here it goes. “There’s someone whom I really like before. And Seolchan has someone whom she liked, too. But as the world doesn’t seem to like our idea, it brought us together instead.”

A satisfied smile appeared on Seolchan’s face. But it was his turn to answer a question. “Seolchan, what do you think is the thing that attracts you to Kim Nana-shi?”

Could Seolchan answer that question? If she was to answer that question, she really could not answer. There’s nothing to like on her. Maybe her father has retired from his work and trying to live as a regular person but still, he was once a gangster’s boss. She’s easily annoyed, aloof of people, doesn’t talk much and hard headed. Even Sunwoo who was a very kind hearted person rejected her. What’s there to like her?

“It was her voice. Have you heard her sing?” he paused. “The first time I heard her sing, I felt like heaven has brought her on earth. I instantly became inspired and wrote some lyrics. I remember hugging her twice. But then, all I received was a punch,” he add jokingly and everyone laughed. “She’s a really tough girl! But I’ve learned that inside that toughness is a girl with a soft heart. So cool. Maybe, just maybe, if I got to know her first, I wouldn’t fall for anyone else. ”

All girls gave faint screams. They seem to like the crap that’s coming out of Seolchan’s mouth. He sounds sincere. If only she didn’t know Seolchan, she too might believe what he’s saying. Well, he did really say something like that when he first heard her sing. She didn’t remember the exact words but there was a heaven to it. Back then, he thought they were going to lose against All for One because Min Seyi’s voice is not powerful enough to beat Ma Joonhee’s sister, Ma Hyorin. That’s the reason why he became very happy when he heard her sing.    

This Seolchan is in big trouble! She hoped Min Seyi wasn’t watching on this live press conference. Does Min Seyi already know what Seolchan will be saying? She hoped this wouldn’t be a reason for them to break up.

 And damn that Jung Sunwoo! How dare him trying to break those couple up? Is he the one who spread the news? But that wouldn’t happen. Jung Sunwoo was still inside the President’s office when he met Seolchan in the lobby and shared that hug. There’s no way he took that picture. And why would he include himself into a scandal? It’s not really his fault.

But why did he agree to this fake boyfriend set up? Is it really for publicity? With Sunwoo’s family connection, Ma Joohee’s power and her father’s background, they could easily burry this scandal. What is he thinking? Ah! She doesn’t know what to think anymore.

“But Nana-shi doesn’t seem to be happy about it,” one of the reporter commented that alerted Nana. It seems like he was the only one who can smell fraud in this press conference. “How long do you say you were together again?”

Seolchan sensed that the reporter can caused them trouble so he was the one who answered, “Long enough to understand that smiling or laughing isn’t a proof that anyone of us is happy.”

The reporter didn’t say anything. But he doesn’t seem convinced on what he said. Nana had to say something, too. “Actually, I am really not happy on what is going on. I didn’t want to expose my private life and my relationship in public. So, please be understanding and considerate if I don’t look happy or ecstatic on what is happening right now.”

Oh God! She could not believe she said those words. Understanding and consideration is not even in her vocabulary.

“Don’t worry. We understand,” a girl reporter said. “One last question. What do you think is the most precious gift Seolchan has given to you? And what do you think is yours?”

“Wow. That was so hard.” It’s true. She could not think of anything. He hasn’t given her anything. What should she say? “I think its loyalty and trust. And my gift for him? I think he loved that jacket that I made for him. I heard it is his favorite.”

So unlike that guy who doesn’t appreciate the jacket I made for him. Nana had seen Seolchan wear that jacket he made several times. Seolchan seemed surprised to learn that she was the designer Park Yoobin but he acted as though this was no news.

“Okay. This will be the end of our press conference,” the host announced.

Nana stood up and so is Seolchan. He even escorted her acting as a gentleman boyfriend. Reporters still kept asking something but they just waved and bowed and left.

“Are you really Park Yoobin?” Seolchan whispered.

“Do you have doubts about that?” she answered in question.

“Woah! Nana you’re so cool!”

She was about to show him her smile for giving that compliment but something caught her eyes. Oh, she was wrong. It’s not a thing. It’s someone. And that someone is there by the door of their dressing room with his arms folded looking as though he was waiting for them for a long time. Jung Sunwoo.