the reason

Nana was not surprise on what Sunwoo had said. She was expecting that answer. Why else would he be here if he doesn’t need anything from her? It’s not like he was looking for her just because he didn’t see her for a long time and that he misses her. She can’t fool herself.

“I guess it’s for your loved one again?” Nana tried so hard to sound like she doesn’t care. In reality, asking this to Sunwoo is like putting salt on her wound. It always was. She felt it ten years ago. She knew everything he did to let the Color Bar win in their competition against All for One is because he wanted to protect Seyi:  the kind one who is into anti-bullying and protector of everyone. But her heart belongs to Seolchan and that was what she’s trying to point out to Sunwoo. But sadly, he was blinded of his love of Seyi.

When she realized that she can’t open Sunwoo’s eyes, she moved on. Well she thought she has. She tried her hardest to avoid him after their last date. It’s not easy being in a band with him but she managed not to be alone with him. She was thankful that he still didn’t let the kids know the relationship they had because it’s really embarrassing. She had maintained her image as a scary one, imagine what will happen if they knew she had a crush on him? She will be a live laughing stock and maybe she will replace that Park Kyudong as the “radio” of the class.

But seeing him again and feeling that familiar pain of knowing that she still can’t hold of his heart makes her realize that she still is in love with this prince she wasn’t supposed to love. And she hated it. Why does it have to be him?

 “Well, yes. But it’s actually a dual purpose,” he said sounding like he doesn’t want to elaborate.

“Well, I’m not interested.” Why would she help? She already helped him in the past. He knew she’s not a nice girl. She’s a gangster’s boss’ daughter. It’s not in her blood to be nice. And what a bad guy, he is! He knew she likes him in the past, why would he be asking her in helping the girl he likes? It’s so absurd! “Ka. (Go.)”

“I’m willing to do anything.” She looked at him with a disgust look. She wanted him to go and stop disturbing her. The longer she looks at him, the faster her feelings for him gets back and she doesn’t like it. “I’m offering ten more dates with you… without expiration.”

She smirks at him. She wanted to curse him but stopped herself. How dare him make that offer? “Tempting. But I don’t want to. You should go while I’m still asking you nicely.”

But still, he won’t budge. “C’mon! Seyi is still your friend! You gotta help.”

Seyi? Still Seyi? God! This stupid man! It‘s been ten years! Why didn’t he move on!

Look who’s talking, said a tiny part of her brain.

 At least, I tried, said the other part, depending her.

“Just one album,” he said.

“Album? Are you planning to enter the hallyu world?” He’s going nuts now. They are too old to be idols. Fans won’t call them Oppa, Noona or Unni but ahjussis and ahjummas. What are they thinking?

“It’s the only way. It’s Eunha’s idea and we all agreed to revive the Color Bars.”

“Did you told Seolchan about this?”

“Not yet. He’s part of the reason why we’re doing this. To help him and Seyi open their relationship in public.”

“And what would you get if that happens?” He really is stupid. He’s going to lose Seyi if it happens.

“Well, I have my reasons.”

She still doesn’t want to be part of this stupidity. But thinking of what the Color Bars had been through, she wanted to help. “Why don’t they just announce that they are together? It’s not that hard. Idols today had been revealing their relationships.”

“You know the sasaeng fans,” he said simply. “It will be easier for a celebrity to announce he’s dating another celebrity. That’s according to Eunha.”

 Well, Eunha has a point. She had heard sasaeng fans bullying a celebrity’s girlfriend before. At least, if you were a celebrity too, there will be people and your managing company backing up for you.

“Even if I agreed to revive Color Bar, we’re already old. Do you think there will be someone who will be willing to launch us?”

“Just as long as you agree, we’ll sign a contract.”

She wanted to help but still… If she entered showbiz it’s impossible not to expose what her family does. And she still wants to design clothes…

“Please, Nana. You’re our only hope.”

“Why don’t you just revive Color Bars without me?” She was sure Seolchan wouldn’t be a part of it, too He wouldn’t leave Men in Black. “Seyi can sing. And so as you and KyuDong, he’s just lacking of self confidence”

“But he won’t let us debut unless you will be part of Color Bars.”

“What? Who did?”

“Joon Hee Soonbae”